[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm living in an apartment building in Europe. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm living in an apartment building in Europe. I'm having an ant problem. Usually they'd appear once a year and I'd kill them and clean them with permetrin. Now they've started to emerge from the ceiling from the openings where my radiator pipes come from the upper neighbor. I need to seal those holes, I was thinking about using silicone but I'm not sure if ants will chew through silicone. Any other suggestions what to seal the small openings ? I can't use any hard material because the pipes need some room to breathe during summer (winter).
>>
I suggest you make friends with them. The are probably only coming into your apartment because they are lonely.
>>
>>1159884
not sure if it's available in europe but check out terro, it's pretty much a liquid borax that ants just can't resist. they'll die off in a week and then when the eggs hatch they'll also eat it and die.
>>
Buy an ant eater
>>
>>1159897
This, sealing holes won't help, you have to kill them everywhere you see them, usually with some sort of residual poison. If they're inside some hole or wall spray inside the hole until you're fairly sure they're all dead, repeat until no more ants.
Source: I also live in a place with ants, they're annoying as fuck as they clump around any food they find.
>>
I found out that water and basic dish soap kills ants. fill a spray bottle with water almost to the top then squirt in some dish soap (exact mix isn't important just a LOT more water then soap). and spray 'em as you see 'em. this will kill the ants you can see but not the ones hidden in walls/ceilings or the source nest. for them you need the Terro or other similar bait that the scout ants will find and bring back to the nest. also borax or food grade diatomaceous earth dusted around the spot the ants are getting in will detour them.
every spring I sprinkle ant dust (borax) around the foundation of my house. that does the trick and keeps 99.5% of the ants out of my house for the rest of the summer. when I find the nests outdoors I hit 'em hard with ant sprays or the soapy water spray.
>>
>>1159967
cont.
in US they used to sell a product called "Grants Kills Ants". it WORKED LIKE A BOSS! the ants LOVED that shit. I'd put 2 or 3 Grants bait traps around the yard and within a week I'd see NO ants anywhere in the yard... but after several summers of huge success with this brand all of a sudden I can't find it for sale anymore. did a bunch of web searching and found a lot of other people saying the same thing. it worked great from them but now can't find it. turns out that it worked b'cuz it contained arsenic. as did a few other ant killer baits (that worked). so the arsenic has been replaced with some other "safe" insecticide that... you guessed it... doesn't work for shit.
so now its back to soapy water and standard ant sprays and borax powders.
>>
>>1159969
lil follow up on Grants Kills Ants: they are still around for sale but the arsenic has been replaced with hydramethylnon which doesn't do anywhere near as good a job of killing the damn ant colonies.
the old school Grants Kills Ants contained "arsenic trioxide" which kicked the ant's asses.
>>
>>1159897
i had good results mixing
1/3rd cup corn syrup
1/3rd cup sugar
1 1/2 table spoon of borax
mixed with enough hot water to make a thick syrup and left in shallow dishes.

the ants will take it back to the nest and poison the little ones and queen
>>
>>1159897
My ants in my bedroom have been eating terro placed around my window for almost two weeks. Please send help. They are biting my legs and I think they are laughing at me.
>>
Use spiders
>>
File: ceiling cat.jpg (34KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
ceiling cat.jpg
34KB, 500x666px
basically the diy method is mixing fine sugar with backing powder, steer it and sprinkle it where the ants are.

But I cant help you with getting it up to the ceiling ants
>>
Make friends with your neighbor and then help them kill their ants in their apartment too. If they're coming from the connection to your neighbor's place then the issue isn't just yours, and potentially may be the entire building.

Assemble the fellowship of yuro antkillers.
>>
>>1160716
You need to place a good portion of it out to encourage a mass feeding.

Another thing to consider is that boron is a cumulative poison that takes time to accumulate to toxic levels in the system. Additionally if the colony has other large food sources that they have are eating it will take time to build up toxic levels of the poison.

Terro and other boron based poisons are especially good at taking care of ant problems in common housing situations where the ants are being attracted by sloppy neighbors.
>>
>>1162023
>You need to place a good portion of it out to encourage a mass feeding.
I have it all over the top of my window trim. They have been eating it for two weeks. One is on there right now. Two days ago there were like 15 there for hours. Weather is being weird, which is the only thing slowing them down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.