[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to give my ship black sails, but I also want them to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

I want to give my ship black sails, but I also want them to be able to generate solar power.

However, it's a huge ship, so it'd cost an absolute fortune (tens of thousands) to use flexible solar panels, which would not look like black sails.
Is there any way to buy or make solar paint?
>>
>>1159484
just make one from a lot of small panels
>>
Just buy flexible solar panels and paint them black
>>
>>1159484
Build them from shipping containers, I heard that works
>>
Did hell itself spit you back out?
>>
>>1159484
I'm not sure we are at flexible solar panels/paintable panels stage yet.

Is it even worth covering the sails in panels? How big are they, how much energy would they be likely to generate? Would you cover both sides of the sails?

More info needed anon.
>>
>>1159669
I keep seeing claims that viable solar paint has been developed, and yet it's still not sold by anyone.

Flexible solar panels already exist and are sold.
I wouldn't cover the sails in panels; that would be ugly, clunky, and heavy.
>>
>>1159484
Black sails will suck more UV-radiation and suffer from the sun.
>>
Why not just have solar panels on the upper decks? Is this a meme?
>>
>>1159484
>News: Retards ship catch fire
>No survivors
>I want to give my ship black
>my ship
>huge ship
i smell bait
there are ways like turbosail, fixed sails or plaster your ship with panels...
more i thing OP is a troll
>>
>not growing corn on your ship to make into biofuel to run DAs on
kys yourself op
>>
File: Untitled.png (26KB, 1160x800px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26KB, 1160x800px
>>1159484
Here you go OP, I've made a drawing so you can wrap your head around this.
The sun is in the sky, you know that, right? Solar cells are more powerful when the sun is at the very top, with the rays pointing down, got it? Now, where are your solar sails pointing at? That's right, to the side, because wind runs parallel to the surface of the earth.

So you're basically wasting thousands of dollars on fancy flexible freaking solar sails™ that won't be able to collect shit during peak hours and whenever you're sailing from east to west. Genius!
>>
>>1159799
It kind of depends on the time of day and at what latitude you are, no? Just sail against the wind and let the boat lean a bit...
>>
>>1159799
>sun shines directly down perpendicular to the surface of the earth
dumbest comment of today
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>1159815
>sun shines directly down perpendicular to the surface of the earth
It depends on where you are, but sun rays have the lowest angle of incidence during peak hours. Read again, I did not say sun shines perpendicular to the surface of the earth and the drawing is obviously oversimplified.
>>
>>1159783
No its battleshipanon. Post pics fagggggit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.