[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever tried to install arms for an armless office chair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: s0374424_sc7.jpg (11KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
s0374424_sc7.jpg
11KB, 380x380px
Has anyone ever tried to install arms for an armless office chair? How would you go about doing it, if possible?
>>
>>1158923
Just buy a chair with arms
>>
weird I always take the arms off of my chairs
>>
>>1158923
buy two more chairs and raise the height to your arms when sitting.
>>
>>1158926
or steal one from a coworker or a far away department
>>
File: seatarms.png (107KB, 593x577px) Image search: [Google]
seatarms.png
107KB, 593x577px
>>1158923
been wanting to do this to a shitty walmart chair i got last semester.

i think best idea would be to make two brackets that screw onto the base of the seat where the piston attaches. then attach a couple of square tubes or something to those with upholstered wood rests on top.

>pic related

gonna try it out once im home from school and have access to tools again
>>
>>1158981
Best answer ITT
>>
>>1158923
Bout to. Junked an electric wheelchair. Wekding the arms to the back of a bucket seat.
>>
>>1158923
it depends on what the layer that the butt cushion is on top of is made of.

I've installed arm rests on one that had a plywood cushion base. I just measured, then tapped the holes then bolted them on.

the armrests were taken off an office chair with a broken leg someone left out for the garbage men to take.
>>
>>1158981
>>>1158923 (OP)
>buy two more chairs and raise the height to your arms when sitting.
This is /diy/ not /buy/ take your buyfag garbage elsewhere

Op, salvage two chairs, maybe when a local office upgrades or dumpsterdive, then take the arms off of those chairs and raise the new chairs up to your arms.
>>
>>1158923
>Get a metal plate a tad bigger than the swivel mechanism
>Drill holes on the plate side and bolt on the arms
>Bolt swivel to metal plate
>Bolt plate to chair
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.