[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a really basic circuit with 3 pushbuttons and two lights.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (6KB, 341x366px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 341x366px
I have a really basic circuit with 3 pushbuttons and two lights. Is there a way to have the following:

(1) Pushing button 1 turns first lamp on
(2) Pushing buttons 2 & 3 simultaneously turns second lamp on
(3) Pushing buttons 1 & 2 simultaneously turns second lamp on
>>
Impossible
>>
Possible, if button 1 and 2 are SPDT buttons.
>>
>>1158858
Ahem, I meant DPST.
>>
File: capture.png (4KB, 355x159px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
4KB, 355x159px
>>1158858
>>1158859
you need a Double Pole Single Throw and a Single Pole Double Throw
>>
>>1158848
Light bulbs or LEDs?
What materials am I limited to? Using relays as logic gates and diodes for flow control make this an easy task.
In scenario (3) does it matter if the first lamp turns on or not?
Do the switches have to be on the positive or negative side of the bulb?

Button one + for bulb 1 and 2
Button two - for bulb 2
Button three + for bulb 2
>>
>>1158848

Pretty easy if you can use relays as a retention circuit.

You haven't specified if you need to turn them back off though.
>>
File: Autism_LV9001.png (11KB, 540x465px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_LV9001.png
11KB, 540x465px
>>1158868
Horrible drawing but it would work.
>>
>>1158876
Only if it doesnt matter if Bulb one comes on in situation 3.

normally closed relay on the B1 neg line triggered open by S2 would fix it.
>>
File: Capture2.png (5KB, 341x366px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
5KB, 341x366px
>>1158876
>>1158879

This is good but I failed to mention that one side of buttons 1 & 2 cannot be changed. They are attached to a common line that returns to the source.
>>
>>1158868
The difference for this being that LEDs only allow one way?

Light bulbs

>>1158870
They would almost always be off. The light bulb would just light up while the button is depressed.

>>1158858
>>1158859
They are just basic switches and cannot be changed.

>>1158868
Light bulbs. Any materials not requiring an additional or external power source are ok. Ideally, in Scenario (3), the first bulb shouldn't turn on. Switches 1 & 2 have to be on the negative; see above, the red area cannot be changed.
>>
>>1158848
So what course is this homework for? Is it too simple for first year engineering?
>>
>>1158992
Seems like third semester principles of electric circuits type shit
>>
Just use a RPi.
>>
>>1158992
>>1159018

Actually just a /diy/ home project. But I may look those up.
>>
>>1158979
Remove series connection of buttons 2 and 3, hook button 2 in parallel with button 3, and attach the end of 3 to common
>>
>>1159068
Then why do you have such silly restrictions?

The behavior you desire is not achievable with just SPST switches. You should also specify the behaviors for the other 5 switch combinations.
>>
>>1159061
>Just use a RPi.
This. RPi is the answer to everything.
>>
>>1159143
The switches are old and cannot be replaced because they are attached to vintage buttons. I would love to replace them if I could.

What other 5 combinations? I can only think of buttons 1 & 3, and in that case I want nothing to happen (no bulbs lit).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.