[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acid as herbicide? Has anyone tried this? I have around 20L

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: syr.png (5KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
syr.png
5KB, 235x215px
Acid as herbicide? Has anyone tried this?
I have around 20L of what i think is some sort of muriatic acid (has been used to remove rust from large steel coils), the can says Ferhibit H60.
I have a lot of plants around my house that needs to die, and stay dead. The commercial stuff kills the plant, but after a while it turns back in to soil and grows better than ever. I'm hoping the acid will make everything stay dead for years.
>>
>>1158831
try gravel or concrete unless you want a shitty patch of mud
>>
this is my problem, only worse. Removing the slabs is not an option + i live in the north so the frost makes the slabs move every year so filling the gaps is near impossible
>>
File: hel.jpg (194KB, 625x540px) Image search: [Google]
hel.jpg
194KB, 625x540px
>>1158839
forgot pic
>>
>>1158831
just get roundup, it's not particularly expensive
>>
>>1158831
>muriatic acid
You will permanently contaminate your property
>>
>>1158831

I use bleach on poison Ivy, it does the job better than any herbicide with the added benefit of not getting prostate cancer from it.
>>
>>1158861
>>1158860
This.
Don't be dumb. Dispose of that bucket of acid properly and buy some roundup, anon.
>>
>>1158831
I guess it may be phosphoric acid.
Of course you can kill the plants but there will be no long term effect. To be honest it could cause the opposit, as Phosphorus is part in many fertilizers.
Better use a concentrated salt solution, that will to it. Or if you want to do it ecological use boliling water, that will destroy the plants incl. roots and you will see them get dry and brown after a few days.
>>
Ok, so if i soak my pavement in acid i'm going to get aids and shit (man you diy guys are no fun).

What about the acid, does anyone know what kind of acid it is?
It smells like the kind of acid you use to make circuit boards, and i know it has been used to remove rust on a large scale.
It has a brown color, but i'm guessing thst is from the rust.
>>
After some reading i think what i have is iron chloride, so this means i have a can of iron bleach?
>>
>>1158831
sounds reasonable op
>>
>>1159152
for something to be bleach it needs an oxide.

e.g. NaOCl, H2O2.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.