[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to buy 4 of these bolts. They're from a carrera 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 20170404_203821.jpg (173KB, 875x1179px) Image search: [Google]
20170404_203821.jpg
173KB, 875x1179px
I need to buy 4 of these bolts. They're from a carrera 2 push bike.

M8, 0.5mm thread, 11mm long

I cannot find them anywhere, please help me
>>
>>1156091
Maybe tell us where you live?
>>
>>1156102
England
>>
Found some that look similar, although there's no dimensions on the ones I ordered.

Mods can delete this, or I'll update if they don't fit.

This didn't really deserve to be a thread, but I posted before I looked for a qtddtot
>>
>>1156091
torx bolt, but I haven't seen one with a sunken head with a shell on it. Normally I take one to the local hardware store, find a nut that fits, then use that nut to find a bolt.
>>
a bicycle store
because its a bicycle part
this is nowhere near a standard fastener and you wont find one in a hardware store or even a fastener store

bring the part to a bike shop, or grab the carrea bike schematic and find the part number
>>
>>1156091
are you sure is 0,5mm pitch? looks more like 1mm
>>
>>1156316
This anon is correct. If that screw is 11mm long there should be roughly 16 threads; there are only about 9. And when you figure out what screw it really is, you can get any m8 screw you want and cut it off to 11mm. This IS /diy/ after all.
>>
>>1156091
Google/ebay/whatever crank spider bolts. That's what that looks like.
How did you loose/break 4 of them?
>>
>>1156091
Work out what day your local council does junk collection, if it's a fixed day -> get your allen key set and jump in your car on the night before -> ride around at night and find a few bikes being thrown out and take the little screws. They look like either near the rear derailleur or the ones that hold the front ring gears to the pedal crank.

Or hope you live in a city large enough with enough industry to warrant a 'bolt shop' where they have all weird sizes of shit in one place. They can usually be found where mechanics congregate.
>>
>>1156178
Dunno how the UK is, but I agree with this anon. Worked at a hardware store for several years and every so often we would have people come in for bike fasteners with no such luck. Most bike shops have spares in their workshop so they are worth hitting up.
>>
>>1156091
You could always lathe some bolts
>>
McMaster-Carr
>>
>>1156091
https://www.mcmaster.com/#94500a241/=174pupv

$4.61 for 10
>>
Buy a screw with everything similar but length and nut. Step two run nut all the way onto screw cut to length needed. Step three undo nut, done thread should be fine.
>>
Looks like a bicycle chainring bolt or a derailleur hanger bolt.
>>
File: 1488679327578.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488679327578.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>1156091
FASTENER STORES EXIST FOR A REASON.

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THIS?
>>
File: bg-service.jpg (171KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
bg-service.jpg
171KB, 900x900px
>>1160705
Bikes have tones of unusually sized and threaded bolts that you'll never find at a regular hardware store.

>>1156091
Go to a bicycle shop that does repairs or sells refurbished bikes. Their mechanics will probably have some spares. Some community / co-op type shops will have bins of special bike bolts you can go through yourself.
>>
>>1156091
Visit a decent bike shop bike a decathalon or contact Carrera. I'm sure you'll be able to get help.
>>
CRANK
SPIDER
BOLT
>>
http://www.tme.eu/nl/details/b8x10_bn612/bouten/bossard/1420496/
>>
>>1156091
Search "chainring bolts", and check out /n/ for bicycle help.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.