[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My skateboard fell in a canal during a skateboard trip. The water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: Zunds_14042012v1.jpg (189KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Zunds_14042012v1.jpg
189KB, 1000x750px
My skateboard fell in a canal during a skateboard trip. The water is about 3m deep, but it is some dirty city canal. Any ideas on how the skateboard could be recovered?
>>
>>1156029
Maybe like a snorkel, or hold your breath kiddo, that's all for free, or go all teddy from bobs burgers and put an end of a garden hose on shore, other end in your mouth, it's only 3 metres
>>
File: 1424880915541.png (429KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1424880915541.png
429KB, 1000x1000px
Contact you city's authorities and tell them someone fell there, then when the divers arrive tell them that if they found a skateboard it's yours.

Disclaimer: an hefty fine my come with your skate.
>>
>>1156029
>3m deep in shit

if you know EXACTLY where it is, i.e. water is clear and you can see it, you can try throwing a big metal hook on a paracord to hook it up

if you don't know where it is you can still try, but the chances of getting it in any reasonably time is minimal because you will have to cover every square inch of the area

but in the process you will hook up loads of literal shit and rubbish

not worth the effort if just a skateboard
>>
>>1156029
Cheap grappling hook on ebay
>>
A large, powerful neodymium magnet will almost surely be able to attract the main truck bolts. Discarding the guns and other skateboards/bikes you find, trawling a defined area with the magnet shouldn't take too long.
>>
>>1156029
Tell the bullie's Mum and make him get you a new one.
>>
that shit is waterlogged
>>
>>1156029
Snagging rig. Gather some bigass fish hooks.

Magnet fishing to at least find it.

Stick with a hook.

Maybe gopro ona stick to root around for it?
>>
>>1156053
Going fishing for rusted stolen bikes and old murder weapons actually sounds somewhat relaxing if there wasn't a constant stream of cars zooming by honking
>>
>>1156056
Just do this OP, if she's nice maybe you'll get an even better one
>>
>powerful magnet on a rope
maybe the board screws or wheel bearings attach to it
>>
If it's been in there for more than a minute or two then the only reason it would be worth getting back is the hardware. The board and tape are probably ruined before you even posted this. Good luck bro, that's some heartbreaking shit
>>
>>1156029
If you have a rough idea where it is your best bet is to just jump in.

Do what they do when looking for bodies. Designate a search zone that you know it HAS to be in. Use landmarks from the shore, eg. Between the tree and bench or whatever. Start at one end, swim to the bottom, put your hands on the ground, crawl forward until you reach the other side or run out of breath. Rinse and repeat until your search zone is finished. If you still haven't found it, expand your search zone downriver.

You can try goggles but they probably won't help much. Gloves might not be a bad idea.

If you're having trouble holding your breath, remember the following steps:
>hold your breath until it starts hurting your lungs (this pain is caused by your lungs trying to utilize the carbon dioxide you are producing)
>breathe out slowly (this empties the carbon dioxide from your lungs, easing the pain)
>when the second wave of pain comes, take a deep mouth breath (just reinhaling whatever air is in your mouth) and then open your mouth wide (this tricks your body into thinking it just received oxygen and will numb the pain again
>when the third wave of pain comes, surface and breathe
>>
>>1156053
>>1156082
Pretty much this, a magnet on a rope is a good bet
>>
Just dive in and get it?
>>
For being such a huge faggot using a skateboard, and not diving in after it, you ought to have amazing dicksucking skills.

So you take a hose, stick it in the canal and start sucking.
>>
>>1156082
The truck kingpin is usually steel and has a rather large bolthead. It should provide enough mass for the magnet to latch on to
>>
>>1156029
Assuming the board is somewhere near the edge get a net with wights on it and drag it along the bank, dredging up whatever crap is there, hopefully including the board.

If it is further out cast out the net, pull in and check the nets contents. If the skate is not there then take a step along the bank and cast again. Repeat until you find the board.
>>
>>1156092
>mouthful of river poo
>>
>>1156029
OP here:
Went out and got the board. The canal was full of shit from the city, so there was zero vision. Cold as fuck, because it's early spring in the northern hemisphere. was mostly done by feeling the ground with feet/hands and using nearby objects to locate where the board had fell.

> Water damage on the deck does not seem SO bad, but it's probably fucked along with the bearings.
>>
>>1156038
Get garden hose. Put one end in mouth. Other end in water. Start drinking. Good luck kiddo, a depth of 3m is a lot of drinking.
>>
>>1156140
Find anything good while you were there?
>>
>>1156140
>swimming in literal shit

you are a brave man, go to a hospital for a check up
>>
>>1156038
>it's only 3 metres
There's a reason why the longest snorkels are only 40cm or so. The average human's lungs can exert around 10kPa of pressure at maximum, which doesn't account for breathing. By chance, this is the same pressure exerted by being under a metre of water. Multiply that by three and your lungs are getting crushed from the outside.
>>
>>1156351
Felt some city junk with my feet. Mainly cable-like objects or old concrete slabs with armature sticking out.
>>
>>1156029
try a metal clothing hanger, with some weighted material and string.
>>
>>1156647
Try reading the thread before posting you gigantic newfag.
>>
>>1156029
a rope and a magnet.
>>
>>1156029
magnet fishing. youtube it.
>>
>people keep posting things without reading the thread

that sounds about right
>>
The funny thing is that you guys haven't noticed it is 3m deep, not 3 feet

3m is like crush depth. The fucking board is GONE
>>
>>1156793
it's 9ft of water you mangina. my pool is deeper than that.
>>
>>1156793
This nigga talking like OP's stupid skateboard got dropped into the Mariana trench.
>>
>>1156793
>3m
>crush depth

this is not jupiter, do you even terren
>>
>>1156793
His dont have to be 3ft under water as long as he has feet or something of that sort.
>>
>>1156793
so OP got crushed then since he recovered the board
>>
>>1156793
I want to know where the fuck there is a 3 mile deep canal
>>
>>1156053
This. I've been hunting for a cheap magnet for magnet fishing. Anyone here do this as a hobby?
>>
>>1156140
Way to go, OP.
>>
File: N18RFuO.png (512KB, 482x650px) Image search: [Google]
N18RFuO.png
512KB, 482x650px
>>1156944
>magnet fishing
that sounds like an excellent hobby.
>>
>>1156944
You want cheap, powerful magnets? Obtain obsolete/ broken computer hard drives. They're a pain to dissect, but there's cool shut inside, including 2 powerful neodymium magnets. Happy hunting!
>>
>>1156140
did you get pricked by anything? You got the germ?
>>
>>1156944
There was a thread about magnet fishing on /out/ a week ago
>>
>>1156058
exactly the deck is fucking destroyed and lost all pop

the bearings are all gone by now and the trucks are just rusting away

and 3m is deep if its a dirty ass public canal
>>
>>1156944
Used to do it as a kid, just get any kind of old lodestone, fix it to a long piece of rope somehow and throw it in the river and drag it along the riverbed. You'll find thousands of rusty nails/rivets/random objects if you do it in any English canal. Not really that interesting and a great way to get tetanus, but hey, it passes the time.
>>
>>1156063
Get a boat and rig a crank reel to it?
>>
>>1156908
Lost.

Op now needs a crab fishing boat and crew of deap see subs
>>
>>1156944
No but there are forums on ot if u google it. That sounded dickish... i just mesnt comon ones people use. Too strong and u fucked. 2 week is useless
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-162814.png (476KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-162814.png
476KB, 1080x1920px
>>1158262
He doesnt get ridden doen the highway on a rusty old bike and then get a tetnus shot every 10 years...
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.