[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been collecting some books from the late 70s, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bookenspiel.jpg (16KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
bookenspiel.jpg
16KB, 300x250px
I've been collecting some books from the late 70s, and I have an allergy attack every time I open them. I assume that this is from dust or something between the pages. Is there a good method to clean the pages of old books without using chemicals or ruining them? I'm willing to go through the books page by page if that's what it takes.
>>
>>1155639
Compressed air.
>>
>>1155639
Unscented hair spray.
>>
Nigga get a life
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmughbUu2k
>>
>>1155639
Freeze them. But first vaccum seal them in plastic bags to protect them from condensation. Its probably Mold. keep them in the freezer for a few weeks and you should be fine
>>
>>1155639
i have similiar problem
mostly when i take a book from the librari and let it ventilate on a table or shelf a week or 2 on frash air and celan it with clout when its dusty
but the combination of compresed air, clout cleaning, vacuuming and leting it on fresh air shoudl do it
probably when i renovate my library i will instal even small fans for air circulation
>>
>>1155824
I actually work with allergens

What cause the allergic attack are allergenic proteins, so while freezing will kill the dust mites, it won't denature the proteins, and it won't deactivate spores from whatever fungi might be causing it
>>
The question might be:
Why does your body think there is something to react when you open a book? Being allergic to something is a response over information in your unconscious mind.
From what I understand you are allergic to dust. Dust represents someone that passed away to your unconscious. Ask yourself what is the relation between old books and someone that passed away or separated from you. When you find the answer, you might be in the way of curing your allergy
>>
File: wew lad.gif (158KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.gif
158KB, 300x300px
>>1157192
>>
Maybe a dehumidifier could help, depends on if the source of the allergen needs moisture
>>
Silverfish will eat the mould
Turn Silverfish into Silver
Sell silver to buy more mouldy books
Get more silverfish to eat mould
Turn silverfish into silver
Buy more mouldy books

Carry on until you have managed to make more silver than the books are costing.

Use up worlds supply of mouldy books.

Post /DIY thread to ask how to make books mouldy.
>>
>>1155639
you are alergic to books.
I have a friend who is alegic to europe. He is from Afghanistan.

Anyways:
I thought about using a hairdryer to flip though the pages. So you clean them from whatever might be in there.
Do it outside, or near running water.
If you turn on the water tap while cutting onions, you haven't got to cry so much. Might work for your books just a well.

The friend of mine, the musilm, sometimes imagines to have taken medicine against his alergy; and it works (not as good as the actual medicine; but it works). So: just imagine to have taken medicine against this kind of alergy as well. (After you cleaned it out)
>>
Build a UV book decontamination box. Home Depot has those furnace UV lamps that kill mold and bacteria. Rig some kind of chamber with a metal trash can or similar. Drop in your books and close the lid. Zap a few books at a time. Short UV blast shouldn't damage the paper.
>>
>>1155639
I wish I could smell the 70's again
>>
flop them around aimlessly outside.
>>
>>1155639
You are allergic to iambic pentameter.
>>
>>1159440
Yeah, the 80s ruined my sense of smell..

And my relationships..

And my bank account...

Don't do cocaine, kids.
>>
>>1157181
>celan it with clout when its dusty
English is my 2nd language, I can speak 5 others and even I don't understand this.
If you are not fluent in English, type it in your native language, then use Google translate.
Post both, so people can try to understand you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.