[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found this (what I can only assume is a table saw) sitting around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: _20170331_233710.jpg (858KB, 2134x2160px) Image search: [Google]
_20170331_233710.jpg
858KB, 2134x2160px
Found this (what I can only assume is a table saw) sitting around in my building. It's been here untouched for decades.

I'm wondering is it of any use? I can't find a place to plug it in, not even sure how it works. This thing is older than me lmao.

Anyone know how to work this thing?
>>
File: _20170331_233744.jpg (835KB, 2521x2134px) Image search: [Google]
_20170331_233744.jpg
835KB, 2521x2134px
More pics
>>
File: _20170331_233724.jpg (557KB, 2150x1775px) Image search: [Google]
_20170331_233724.jpg
557KB, 2150x1775px
>>
>>1154050

The pulley on the left there is for a v belt to run the saw...from an 'outboard' motor...by this I mean a motor outside the saws case...

Nice find btw...
>>
>>1154050
what >>1154062 just said - its an external motor, see that wheel at the back of the saw blade?
you need to turn that with your fingers, really, really quickly - then, you can happily saw shit.

Otherwise, see if you can find what looks like a large external motor from the inside of a washing machine or something laying around anywhere - that connects to that saw wheel, via band - otherwise, you need a replacement external motor, or, fuxor that to a drill body or something.
>>
>>1154047
Missing the insert, the fence, the motor
By the time you get it up and working, youll have spent a lot of time and money to get it accurate. At which point it still wont be super accurate because tilt table saws are really poor.
>>
>>1154047
>It's been here untouched for decades.
Doubt it. The saw blade is a newer style. 80's at the oldest. The saw itself is old but it has been used.

>>1154062
This. You'll want a 'real' 3/4th HP motor at the weakest. 1 HP at least. None of those Chinese shit motors that 'claim' they are so many horsepower and bog down when someone farts on them.

>>1154065
Also this. The reason they don't make tilt top saws anymore is because they can only cut smaller stuff, they are a pain in the ass to work with and they are a pain in the ass to get accurate. I have one. It is neet for the odd job here and there but I always check the angle with a gauge and don't trust the markings on the body. It's from a good maker too (Delta), so it is not like it's some turd that was put together by retards.
>>
File: DSC_1284.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1284.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Thanks guys that was really helpful.

I also found this thing, can this be of any help somehow in assisting use of the saw?
>>
>>1154199
thats far more useful as a grinder than as a drive motor for the saw

i guess if you want to mount a pulley on one side and drive the saw, more power to you, though it will probably be pretty weak
>>
>>1154199
Keep it as a bench grinder and study what those are good for. It's not just for sharpening. You can fit wire brushes and buffing wheels in place of the grindstones.
>>
>>1154199
...where are you "finding" these things?

The fact that you're asking whether a bench grinder will help you use a table saw that's missing half of its parts suggests you may not be the best candidate for appropriate use of power tools.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>1154199

Hey guys, found this thing; no idea what it is, what its used for or how to use it. Can anyone help.

Also I'm totally not an alien who has taken over the body of a human and trying to understand the tools I will need to take over your world.

Thanks ^_^
>>
File: 0708-CRAB-2.jpg (521KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
0708-CRAB-2.jpg
521KB, 960x540px
>>1154624
>>
>>1154113
>Doubt it. The saw blade is a newer style. 80's at the oldest. The saw itself is old but it has been used.

Because the 80's were less than a decade ago.
>>
>>1154624
give it back to the small human you stole it from. don't cover their mouth so they stop crying
>>
>>1155256
Let me break it down for you chuckles.

The saw is at least from the 50's. Probably 40's or 30's. Title top saws rapidly disappeared when tilting arbor saws became cheap enough. Since I don't see a dataplate in the pictures I can't nail it down any further than that.

The saw blade itself can't be "older" than the 80s. They didn't print tons of shit like that on the sides of the blade before then. Probably much newer. It could be a year old for all I know. Its Candian and we don't have Canadian Tire down here in the States, so I don't know what their Mastercraft sawblades look like right now. Based on the fact that the side text is perfectly readable and it is rust free that means the blade is almost new or NOS. I'm betting it was purchased within the last few years.

There, I've put away my spoon. You done getting fed?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.