[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm building a folding side tray for my tool box, my idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: 142059918139-0_600.jpg (28KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
142059918139-0_600.jpg
28KB, 600x481px
I'm building a folding side tray for my tool box, my idea is to have it held up by a rod at a 45 with heim joints on either end, and a locking joint like this in the middle of the rod (I'll draw a diagram). The problem is I am going to use 10mm OD rod, I can't find any of these joints (seemingly common in tops for boats, but bigger sizes). Any ideas where they might be found in other applications? I found a company called Rock West Composites that makes a push button locking one but the ID is still big, I would have to shim it, plus I would like it to be able to hold ~25lbs of tools on my tray.
>>
File: sidetray.jpg (87KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
sidetray.jpg
87KB, 1000x600px
>>
File: hinged shelf support(2).jpg (8KB, 198x223px) Image search: [Google]
hinged shelf support(2).jpg
8KB, 198x223px
why re-invent the wheel, nigger?
>>
File: sidetray2.jpg (42KB, 436x475px) Image search: [Google]
sidetray2.jpg
42KB, 436x475px
>>1154006
Hard to explain without drawing a real diagram, but below the shelf I am going to have a slide out keyboard tray that drops down about 2 inches and is 2/3 the width of the tray, so when the rods fold in the front rod has to also move towards the back of the box to clear the tray, that's why I am using heims. Also, the hinge isn't at the joint, it's a few inches down, here's a more advanced MS paint.
>>
>>1153994
>heim joints

Pic is not a heim joint. Google 'canopy frame hinge'

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=canopy+frame+hinge
>>
>>1154276
>Pic is not a heim joint
Not sure where you thought that was implied, I'm using the heims at either end of the rod, with the joint in the middle
>>1153998

Googling canopy frame hinge provides me with what I already posted in the OP, all of which have far bigger than 10mm ID
>>
This would be perfect (for building drones) but they all seem to be 30mm ID
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.