[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/, got told by /g/ to post this here instead, so here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Yellow_is_soldered_to_both.png (419KB, 500x974px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow_is_soldered_to_both.png
419KB, 500x974px
Hello /diy/, got told by /g/ to post this here instead, so here goes.
Got a PCB in the mail today and expected the outgoing video cable to be a VGA one. Realised it was a DB-15 plug (the ones that old Macs used), contacted the seller but all I hear from him is "We sent you a better product actually" and "I don't actually understand the problem". As that approach leads nowhere, I thought I could just pop the plug open and rewire it to a VGA plug as I have seen adapters for converting between them back in the day. (I'm sending 15khz signal either way, so they should be compatible with just a rewiring, I think...)
Searching online, all the answers I found on how to wire this differed slighty.
Pic related, it's the plug and how it's wired.

TL;DR Please help me wire this to a VGA plug as internet isnt being helpful
>>
>>1153821

>seller sends you a product you didnt order
>claims its better
>you obviously cant use it because its not what you bought

and you didnt dispute this why? if it was ebay you could dispute the charges saying you were sent an item different from what you purchased and ebay would have refunded you. so instead you are here crying about the connector and reqiring it, if its from a mac and you want to use it for a pc you will have issues
>>
File: vga_pinout[2].jpg (47KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
vga_pinout[2].jpg
47KB, 440x440px
>>1153821
lots of >>1153855 as well, however.

my best guess, with 5 wires, try pic related, with RGB (you got RBW for this, helpfully..), black ground and yellow sync, sync to V-SYNC (pin 14). That may work, but probably wont. At least you tried, tho.
>>
>>1153859
He's missing the Hsync wire in that case. A VGA monitor will just tell you to fuck off and not even bother turning on if you don't give it Hsync.

>>1153821
You've got five wires there. VGA would require six. I'm guessing it's some kind of video standard with either a composite sync, or chroma,luminance color wires instead of R,G,B. You'll need to do more than just solder the wires to a VGA connector,
>>
>>1153855
eBay arguing master,
it was not described exactly as I imagined it, demand refund,
make a scene

3 weeks later still can't do anything.

Sensible /diy/ fan

Look for a solution on 4chan so I can be using my $2 pcb
>>
does the board have any labeling where the cable connects to it. and what is this board you're taking about.
>>
>>1153855
Hit close to home much? Calm the fuck down.
Since I am either getting a replacement (not likely) or my money back while getting to keep the board, might as well post about it so I can actually use it.

>>1153899
You are right on the CSync part, RGB with CSync is a thing, and is what I want in this case. I figured out there is a way to wire this as there is a set standard for wiring RGB on a HD-15 (VGA) plug. It used the same Red, Green, Blue, but CSync goes to H-Sync and Ground to Pin 6. People says this has worked for them in similiar cases, still unsure but worth a try. Still don't know which one of the cables is which though.

>>1153925
The board in question is a custom board and does not have any labeling whatsoever (at least not on any parts where this problem is concerned). It is a board for the japanese JAMMA standard for use with arcade monitors as well as other hardware (games, controllers, coin doors etc). This JAMMA standard basically consists of a harness with 12V/5V power, RGB w/ CSync, some inputs for pushbuttons/other functions as well as ground. Therefore assuming these pins are R, G, B, Csync and Ground respectively.
>>
>>1154019
what are you trying to connect this to, JFI?
Because, AFAIK, 'JAMMA' is RGBS EGA/CGA 15Hz et-cete-rry - none of which is VGA, nor is it directly compatible, regardless how you wire it.

If you going to a standard VGA monitor ? you need a line-doubler / scan converter / EGA/CGA - VGA adapter, call it what you will, but, it wont work otherwise. The only monotors they will work (directly) with are arcade monitors, or old Amiga/Atari monitors, they work with 15 Hz and comp video signals, VGA, does not.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlmFCToi16w
as example, ebay be full of the things - your wiring is straightforward then, RGBS and ground in, 15-pin VGA out. idk what connector is standard on arcade monitors either, but, Im willing to bet its maybe your OP pic related, which explains why your ebay seller is wondering wtf you are wanting ,AFA he knew, he gave you the correct connector already. tldr, you need an adapter, JAMMA not VGA compatible.
>>
>>1154039
Sorry for being unclear, the use of the word "VGA" is clearly wrong in my post as I have come to realise.
The board is to connect a PC outputting a 15khz signal through the VGA port (wether this is VGA at 15khz or something else, I do not know) and run it through to the board to the monitor via JAMMA.
Basically: PC > VGAport > PCB > Jamma > Arcade Monitor
VGA to Jamma boards are nothing spooky, there are a couple of boards that can do it as long as its being outup at 15 Khz
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.