[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Sup /diy/nosaurs? Im in the process of replacing the spindle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 138.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
'Sup /diy/nosaurs?

Im in the process of replacing the spindle and quill bearings to pic related

the chingchong quality bearings lasted about 20 hours of very light use (over about 14 months since I got it) and now they sound like a cement mixer, yeah thats whats to be expected for the chinese shit but still, I paid 1450 euros for this thing and I still plan on using it.

the seller is a bit reluctant to help me with this as they would have sold me the same god-dam chinchong bearings for a ton of money so no deal there.

I've already pulled the bearings and ordered new high quality SKF bearings for it

the question I come to you with is what grease should I use on the quill angular roller bearings? the upper spindle bearings are enclosed and thus need no lubrication....

I was thinking about something like CRC molybden-suphide lithium grease but I dont really have too much experience with different greases

the thing does about 3000 RPM at max.

so any suggestions?
>>
File: 145.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
pic of the upper spindle bearing

the brand is "RIFU" wich sounds sketchy

but the installation just screams china quality

pic related, yes those are fucking hammer dents on the cover plate of the bearing
>>
I have heard, but not confirmed, that moly is actually too low friction for bearings, as it causes them to slide, rather than roll.
>>
An NLGI No. 2 grease, such as a wheel bearing grease or multi purpose lithium grease for your car. You don't need anything fancy as it's not exactly a heavily loaded application, nor do you need it to be waterproof. Typically it is a light amber colour.
>>
Go to an automotive store and pick up some White Lithium Grease. It'll be fine for this application.
>>
Check the bearing seats and alignment. Even chinese bearings should stand up to a decade of normal use in a milling machine. Also check the head casting for casting sand.
>>
Ben je verder tevreden met de machine? Ik overweeg de zelfde te kopen.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.