[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My buddy is telling me that HVAC technician is an easy job and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Jared_Diamond_crop.jpg (84KB, 475x515px) Image search: [Google]
Jared_Diamond_crop.jpg
84KB, 475x515px
My buddy is telling me that HVAC technician is an easy job and pays well, what do you guys think?
>>
>>1153167
Seems like it?
>>
>>1153228
I'm getting older, so I don't want to be mangling my hands or my back. He seems to think most of it involves running diagnostics on industrial air conditioners.

I'm just wondering because I only have enough money to go to school for one trade, so it has to be a good one. I love computers, and I hate work.

I have to go to the university tomorrow and I still haven't decided what I'm going to take.
>>
>>1153304
Elevator technician, those fuckers charge an arm and a leg and there are basically none of them
>>
>>1153323
ill check it out, thnx boss.
>>
>>1153304
network engineer

study on your own and get a CCNA and you'll be guaranteed at least a role as a support tech. From there the sky is the limit depending on how much you continue your education
>>
>>1153369
>>1153369
What does that entail exactly? Just running cable and plugging shit in? Sounds comfy.
>>
>>1153167
No, you friend is wrong. I am Pres/CEO for an HVAC contracting firm. Worked my way up from helper over the last 20 years.
>>
My dad is hvac for hospitals. He make about 50/hour in the US
>>
>>1153304
>He seems to think
Well there's your first problem; he 'thinks', as in, doesn't actually do the job.
>He thinks wrong.

If you're interested in refrigeration look into RITA certification. Pays good and you don't get too dirty. Plus you'll probably get into a stationary engineer union.

Please don't listen to people that THINK they know a trade, only those that DO the trade
>>
>>1153167
HVAC is a broad field.

Are you talking about installation? Design? Repair? Commercial or residential?

It's going to vary widely. I'm not in the field m, but I'm in construction and i coordinate with them all the time. From what I hear, it can be lucrative for sure. I also hear it's hard work at times.

You can't go wrong with it, but make sure you know what your options are and what your best suited to. Design might be your thing since you like computers.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.