[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I make a IR or UV "Refrigerator" of sorts? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Can I make a IR or UV "Refrigerator" of sorts? I'm trying to come up with a way of automating feeding my cat wet food from cans.
>>
>>1152845
how would that work?
IR / UV are wavelengths of electromagnetic energy. if you add energy to something it usually heats up, unless you can get it to trigger some reaction i suppose.
what does that have to do with feeding cats? canned cat food doesn't belong in a fridge. does it?
>>
>>1152847
ir/uv kills bacteria, so I'm wondering if I can leave an opened can of cat food under an ir/uv light for a long period of time and expect it to not spoil. not the traditional function of a refrigerator per se, just aiming to preserve food via another means
>>
>>1152850
bacteria will grow where the light doesn't go. IR doesn't kill bacteria, high intensity UV does.

UV will do a lot of damage to the food itself too. besides, not all bad bacteria are suspectible to UV light.
>>
I think the main problem with that idea is that the radiation will not penetrate deeply into the food. Since it was probably not made under sterile conditions you will always have some bacteria. So I don't think it going to work.
>>
>>1152850
>ir/uv kills bacteria
yeah, those 'UV wand that kills 99% of all known bacteria' used to sell for $50 or so. Till they got the shit sued out of them by the Federal Trade Commission;
>https://consumerist.com/2015/08/20/makers-of-ultraviolet-disinfectant-devices-penalized-1-3m-for-making-false-germ-killing-claims/
- the wands are now selling for around $5-$10 on Amazon, medical bug-killing benefit status, remains unproven. And not even the manufacturers ever claimed, you should rely on this to disinfect foodstuffs, temp will still fuck it right up, etc.
tldr, you got more UV on hand than Hawaii Tanning Salons Corp Inc? - maybe, otherwise, fuck killing your cat via this snake oil.
>>
File: 1488421199230.jpg (33KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488421199230.jpg
33KB, 600x476px
>>1152845
make that machine from back to the future that picks up cans, opens them, then dumps the contents into a neat pile on the floor.

https://youtu.be/3isQI0nXQRE?t=140

then have an arm sweep the leftovers away so the cat cant eat spoiled shit
>>
UV light would be ok for gas or transparent fluids but not cat food.
>>
>>1152850

Just use a product with smaller serving size per storage container instead of a can.
>>
>>1152845
If you are committed to this..

Some brands come in plastic 'cans' with a foil or plastic seal, somewhat like applesauce or a fruit-cup. You may be able to devise a way to peel-open or (maybe easier) slice around the inner rim and pull away the plastic with a mechanism. Your cat might enjoy their wet food directly from the little bowl (depending on the cat, the bowl shape, etc) or some more complexity to tip the container over the cat's feed bowl.

You may be able to solve this but it will take some doing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.