[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to install a couple hallway doors but not sure what type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: CAM00081~01.jpg (1MB, 2900x3871px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00081~01.jpg
1MB, 2900x3871px
I need to install a couple hallway doors but not sure what type to get. Was thinking of those sliding barn door types since space is sort of an issue, but don't wanna go crazy w cost. Just needs to be functional & not look like shit. What do you guys recommend?

This one is 81 1/2 x 36
>>
File: CAM00083~01.jpg (1MB, 3050x4068px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00083~01.jpg
1MB, 3050x4068px
This one is 81 1/2 x 39
>>
Only option i see are bifolds. Even if you can move the switches, theres really no where to out them that would make it easily accessible while the barn door is open.
>>
>>1148398
you want to put a door directly in front of another door?

stop fucking around OP. just dangle a sheet of beads in the doorway like you know youre going to do anyway.
>>
>>1148487
You're probably right. A barn door looks nice but functions less as a door & more like a good looking cover.

>>1148490
Gotta have sound proofing bro. Our 5 month old wakes up at weird hours sometimes & raises hell in the living room disturbing our other kid's sleep (single story house).
>>
>>1148607
Dad of four reporting in. The older kid will get used to it OP. You are about to spend time and money needlessly. I've had different times when one was barfing loudly almost right next to the other, and then the ensuing clean-up with lights on and everything, and they don't wake up at all. You don't need a door, you need time and patience. Trust me, yours are not that different, no matter what your wife says.
>>
>>1148396

Make sliding doors. Take up like no room, great for hallways that you want to put a door on.
>>
>>1148607
>Gotta have sound proofing bro.

Hang a padded blanket in the doorway at night.
>>
>>1148396
Double doors with ball catch
>>
>>1148637
adapt or die is a fact of life don't shelter them from this.

But as a neat suggestion because i kind of like the idea is a sliding door with the brackets on one side of the doorway could work. like those big industrial doors you see in trendy lofts
>>
>>1148396
no room in the walls for sliding doors

looks like you're gonna have to use and overhead roll-up door or hippy beads
>>
you can get premade pocket doors from places like home depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/s/pocket%2520door?NCNI-5

door just disappears into the wall. it's what the Japanese prefer. they are really nice for not taking space up and not providing things to stub your toe on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.