[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings from /o/! Pic relates is a closeup of the ECU from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ecu_missing_led.jpg (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
ecu_missing_led.jpg
1MB, 1200x900px
Greetings from /o/!

Pic relates is a closeup of the ECU from my car. It's missing an LED that's supposed to blink diagnostic fault codes.

If I want to solder in an LED, will any red LED work? (do the numbers "458" mean something special)

Do I need to solder anything along side it (e.g. current limiting resistor)?

What do the < ! < symbols on the three solder points next to the LED mean?
>>
>>1146984
An EE here

My best guess is that any ordinary Led would do..

The three terminals just below, with the funny signs, looks to be for a component, most likely a mosfet or bjt transistor.

I would assume any small signal n-mos will work. But the right package would be the easiest choice.
>>
>>1146990
A closer look, and I had to correct my self.. The three terminal component is in parallel with the Led, so most likely not a mosfet or transistor. .
>>
>>1146984
that's a qt nissan ECU. z32? looks like someone already installed a nistune chip in it then removed it.

what >>1146990
means is a simple red signal LED. not a high brightness or anything like that. also you dont need to look at that LED, it will blink on the dash as well. also you dont need to turn the little pot screw to read the codes, you can just bridge two pins on the consult port.
>>
>>1146992
he can ignore that. they originally had two LEDs, one was green. they never implemented it for anything but on the earlier ones there was space and pads and a label for a green LED and interfacing circuitry.
>>
>>1146990
>I would assume any small signal n-mos will work

>>1146992
>so most likely not a mosfet or transistor.

whatever it is, do i need one, or can i just solder in an led?
>>
>>1146993

>that's a qt nissan ECU. z32?

S13 with SR20DET blacktop
>>
>>1146993
>it will blink on the dash as well. also you dont need to turn the little pot screw to read the codes, you can just bridge two pins on the consult port.

thanks, i'll check if the dash light blinks.

which two pins do i need to bridge? is the consult connector near the ecu or near the driver's side footwell fuse box (i've never actually seen it before)
>>
put multi meter there

see what voltage it is
use correct led for that voltage
>>
>>1147018
>whatever it is, do i need one, or can i just solder in an led?

Maybe. Looks like it grounds through whatever the hell that component should be. I'm thinking load resistor on the cathode side and other landing is just a connection between layers.
>>
>>1146992
judging by the "DA" printed it's probably a diode (for whatever reason)
>>
File: IMG00106-20110404-1339.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG00106-20110404-1339.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>1147022
>SR20DET
im not sure desu.
check the nissan specific forums like http://www.nicoclub.com/
the consult plug looks like this.
dont go adding things to the ecu, it never had one and might not even be programmed to output a signal. its also possible there is a tie down resistor there as well because leaving a pin floating kills those ancient FPGAs. most digital circuits desu unless they have internal tie down resistors.

I'd just leave it and get a consult cable. the error codes dont tell you shit. what is the car doing that you dont like?
>>
>>1147319

> what is the car doing that you dont like?

not starting :)
>>
>>1146984
Any standard LED should be fine for this since it just flashes. Note that LEDs have a polarity; it's implied by the circuit board (a round LED will have a flat edge on one side... match it up with the board). You may need to run a resistor in series if voltage is too high... will probably be fine as is though since intermittent.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.