[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

r8 my floor plan guys, turning a 14x24 pre-fab ""tool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
r8 my floor plan guys, turning a 14x24 pre-fab ""tool shed"" into smol house. bathroom and back porch is an addition on the existing structure.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
this is what it looks like in its current state
>>
Comfy/10
>>
>>1146197
>those cinder blocks

you spent all that money on a nice shed, but you didn't bother sinking concrete piers?
>>
>>1146195

learn to write in the same direction

also everything looks too small like you never thought about the dimensions of everything

also
>160 cm bed
dwarf detected
>>
needs a few 300watt solar panels and a battery system

might want to replace that interior door with a pocket door.

get some concrete pier forms and build a new foundation.
>>
>>1146222
>>1146231
I want it to remain portable, and have the ability to re-level if needed. hence why it's sitting on pier pads and cinderblocks. it works well enough for my application.
>>1146224
>dwarf detected
my bed is a queen. each square on the graph paper = 1 square foot.
>>
>>1146195

I'd rotate your kitchen/living room 180 deg, which minimizes the amount of water pipes and drain pipe you will need to run.

If you don't need 2 doors in the living room, replace it with a window and you can get some extra storage/counter space
>>
>>1146256
you will still be able to take it off the piers. not having a dug in foundation is going to fuck you if you try to put any kind of plumbing in.
>>
You want 1 foot of space between the "bar" and the sink? A 2 foot wide door to the bedroom? It just seems like you're hoping on super miniscule dimensions for these common house features. I know you can get doors that small, but they're for linen closets and not walking through. A bathroom the same size as the bedroom, with a bed sized for a child. These wouldn't even be on par with a mobile home or even an RV.

If the bathroom is an "addon" to the structure, then it'll be nothing more than a lean-to outhouse.

I just don't see this working out well, OP. I like the idea of a tiny house or even van-living. Prove me wrong, but I wouldn't want to live in this. I'm not claustrophobic but everything seems so tight and cramped in your diagram.
>>
Why have a bedroom wall?
Flip the bed to outside wall and remove that one
>>
I agree with the other anon, your plumping doesnt make a lot of sense. It's much easier to put your drains close to eachother. Easier to get the proper pitch, and you'll likely be able to share a single vent.

Also, less supply line used means less points of failure. And it's just cheaper. Are you going to have gas or lp? Or are you just going to have electric everything?

Also, don't get one of those mini water heaters they put in trailers that are only like 2 feet tall, you'll be lucky to even get a full shower out of it.
>>
File: 1474499711443.jpg (363KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1474499711443.jpg
363KB, 1280x853px
>>1146268
this... circulation space is really tight like ninja midget tight.

i agree with anons, gang all the wet work in one wall. also try to make it an interior wall as your shed likely has shit insulation so less likely to have burst lines or condensation issues than running on exterior wall.

overall its too small for a 1br cabin desu. 24'x22' on plan, seems much bigger than the actual shed. this is a problem unless the shed is bigger on the inside than the outside.

source=im an architect

I plan to build one as well but assume min 400sqft, 500 ideally for a 1br. plus covered porch i can glass into a 3season room as i scavenge sliding glass doors.
>>
File: 1453209595529.jpg (331KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1453209595529.jpg
331KB, 2048x1365px
can we actually share more cabin and rv pics on this Armenian canoeing forum?
>>
>>1147306
>>
first things first OP. Make a proper foundation. Seriously. Dont expect the house to stay where it is due to its weight.
What are the wind conditions in your area? If there are regular storms then expect your "house" to slip, especially if the wind is blowing perpendicularly to the largest wall of the house.

Where is the water supply? Try to keep it as close to your bathroom/ kitchen so you dont have to put up a lot of pipes.

Where is the sewage exit? Is there a tank or a pipeline which carries away the sewage? How do you plan to get rid of it?
>>
>>1147303
I love your stair, and everything of the room
>>
>>1146195
What about an oven or stove?

Alternatively you could bbq everything
>>
>>1146197
>G
nice cuck shed, fake mason guy
>>
>>1146222
Dude just sink some sonotubes, frost heave is no fun
>>
>>1146195
Needs a different path to bathroom.

Do you really want anyone who has to use the toilet to walk through your room

Also I haven't looked at it aside from a minute but probably a bunch of other shit.

Maybe I'll take abother look at this later today.
>>
>>1146195
How did you learn to draw like this?

>inb4 autist cant draw straight lines
>>
>>1146195
Is that a kid sized bed?
>>
File: cuckshed.png (52KB, 601x707px) Image search: [Google]
cuckshed.png
52KB, 601x707px
You don't even need tinyhouse dickery to make a passably comfortable space out of something that size.

I've included a common plumb wall with easy mechanical access to everything, space for a standard water heater, standard size appliances, a standard shower pan, and ordinary doors.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.