[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to build a rainbow projector. I've decided this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: rainbow.png (15KB, 948x600px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow.png
15KB, 948x600px
So I want to build a rainbow projector. I've decided this year I am going to put a pot of gold at my house on halloween and I want to be able to project a rainbow leading to it. What's the best way to make a rainbow? I've seen rainbow projection products but they seem to just be for small indoor areas. I'd like mine to be bright and easily visible from the roadside.
>>
File: IMG_0222.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>1145549
I have a few things around the house already. A few different lights, a prism, the lens from an old rear projection tv, and a concave mirror. I don't think any of my light sources will work.
>>
>>1145549
I really don't think you can do it on a DIY budget. Possibly at night, but not during the day.
>>
>>1145552
It will be a halloween display so it will only be up at night. It would be fine to just project on my house. I do own a home theater projector but I'd rather not use that and I'm not sure it would be very bright.
>>
>>1145553
I'm thinking fog machine, and hope the night isn't windy. Maybe dry ice with a fan as an alternative - you're going to need something for the rainbow to show up on.

I have no idea if this will work, but perhaps some sort of large semi-transparent projection screen could work as well. Set that up and project the rainbow onto it, and you could build it as large as your budge affords.
>>
>>1145555
I figured it would just show up on the front of my house.
>>
>>1145556
oh, well that's pretty small scale compared to what I thought you were going for.

Honestly, I'd just look for high-power LEDs of the appropriate colors, arrange all of that into a rainbow lamp, and shine that up the side of your house. It'd be easier than trying to position a prism properly with a bright enough light source to show up how you want it to.
>>
A fine water mist with light shining at the correct angle?
>>
>>1145549
You mean your asshole doesn't already project rainbows?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.