[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, I've been put through some bullshit where I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (7KB, 321x157px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 321x157px
Hey all, I've been put through some bullshit where I was accused of 'trespassing' in an area. Long story short, the cop made the arrest despite the fact there was insufficient case and now they're trying to put me through trial. However, my lawyer says they're bluffing and the case will probably get thrown out or suspended. The thing is, if this case is thrown out, it doesn't make any sense to sue because I wasn't held long enough in prison (I was released on my own recognizance almost immediately), but can I take the people who filed a police report to small claims court and ask them to pay my lawyer fees?
>>
Depends. Do you have any duct tape, three car batteries, spark plugs, and super glue?
>>
>>1144631
>has a lawyer
>asks 4chan for legal advice

Jesus fuck, dude...
>>
>>1144631
>The thing is, if this case is thrown out,
aaannd, thats a big 'if', right there. IANAL, but, if you can reasonably demonstrate the original complaint was made unjustifiably and with malevolent intent, prob, can sue, yes - but I doubt that is as easy to prove as it sounds.

Forget suing the cops (unless your dead, you wont win, No, Sir) and you prob better hoping it don't go to trial and forgetting the whole thing. Prob a better board for this as well, I thought >>>/adv/ was for this shit, but, having looked, it reads like an r9k outbreak over there, maybe not.
>>
>>1144631
>can I take the people who filed a police report to small claims court and ask them to pay my lawyer fees?

Isn't that something that you could ask your lawyer that you're already paying legal advice for?
>>
>>1144641
kek, must be a shitty lawyer
>>
>>1144631
Asking an Indonesian square dancing board for legal advice.
>>
>>1144639
As always, first post best post. Until this is answered we can't help you OP.
>>
Are you the diaperbabby that was trespassing on another anon's property and shitting yourself while molesting your brother?
>>
>>1145423
lol, I remember this.
>>
>>1145423
If this anon is right you'd better just shut your mouth, you're lucky you didn't get shot. That was a good thread, that OP should come back and tell us what's happened since then.
>>
>>1144631
>accused of trespass
did you or did you not?

>cop made arrest despite the fact
cops only need a reasonable cause from their point of view to make an arrest, you have no grounds here

>you were released almost immediately
yeah, so nothing to sue, cops did their job, unless you have prove that it was definitely not reasonable to arrest you, i.e. the police had zero grounds of suspecting you trespassing.

>can you sue in small claim for lawyer fees if the case if thrown out
yes, you can sue.
Whether the judge will award your claim is a different matter, if you are not found trespass and the case was thrown out, likely yes.
>>
>>1144648
>r9k outbreak
Who's is why /r9k/ must be destroyed /deleted
>>
>>1144641
My best friend is a lwyer in may.

Made him read.

Hes dead now...
>>
>>1145096
LOST
>>
>>1144631
>prison

This is an American board. See a lawyer from YOUR country you stupid shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.