[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to start making my own keyboard piano or synths. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Tifa_Lockhart_art.png (75KB, 166x347px) Image search: [Google]
Tifa_Lockhart_art.png
75KB, 166x347px
i want to start making my own keyboard piano or synths.

How do i harden cardboard to work with since i dont own or have accesses to a wood machine. id l;ike the board to withstand water

my case or housing would be made out of cardboard for prototype purposes and maybe for selling too. i figured each prototype i make will be different from the others. i may want to sell them later as i get better at it.
>>
You could probably impregnate the cardboard with epoxy, idk how you would go about it though.
>>
>>1143387
ill look into that i guess.

cardboard seems abundant and i can work wiht it if i make mistakes. i plan on it housing a speaker, solar panel, smartphone and usb connections. i may aswell gut a midi keyboard and have it in one piece.

i plan to sell these non commercially after i make three for myself.
>>
You can harden paper and thin cardboard by satuating it with white wood glue (waterproof also works) and glueing a few layers on top of each other. The result is similiar to fiber reinforced plastic and strong enough for some people to make gun barrels in this manner.
It's pretty hard to work with though, as it needs to be pressed into the desired shape for three days (for a normal plate of 1-3mm thickness) and is almost impossible to work with once hardened (saws won't cut properly, knifes only scratch like they would on wood, files rip it apart instead of cutting). Also, outting the different layers on top of each other without creating bubbles or having them shift is pretty hard at first.
>>
>>1143430
i like this.

ill probably use this method then. ill just cut everything and have measurements beforehand and then do the glue last.

its like reinforced plastic you say? im looking for something like that will sustain heavy use and wear, incase of water or sun.
>>
File: IMG_0564.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0564.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>1143385
are you good with electronics OP?
I've built some boxes for synth and circuit bending projects but I suck at electronics.
trying to learn the basics this year.

you got any pics?
>>
File: IMG_0698.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0698.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1143913
>>
>>1143385
Look up Micarta. Peter Brown made some on youtube.
>>
>>1143914
here are two good beginners circuit bending projects...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9JKMC2jI9g&t=496s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JdM40F7FA

very easy builds
>>
>>1143914
Is that a Atari punk console?
>>
>>1143919
nah its an empty junction box so far.
I was hoping on splicing a couple of boss pedals together or maybe housing >>1143916

learning to bread board at the moment.
>>
File: s_apc.gif (3KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
s_apc.gif
3KB, 245x170px
>>1143921
If you just started learning make one.
This is the easiest begginer synth you can make with some cheap parts.
>>
>>1143924
Not him but I want to make that because it looks cool.
>>
File: IMG_0383.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0383.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1143924
ok saved. ill look into it.

ebay is a good place to buy diy circuits
but I'm still working out the best search terms
theres a polish bloke who is selling delay circuits that he dosent mind any one using free of charge.
ill find the link if anyone is interested.
lots of good youtube channels too
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.