[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking to build a device that uses as much power as possible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: space heater.jpg (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
space heater.jpg
1KB, 96x96px
I am looking to build a device that uses as much power as possible, while not making much noise or light? help a nibba out
>>
>>1143270
Seems like an odd request but I would think you could just wire a bunch of resistors in series. Won't make any noise or light just lots of heat. E=I*R
>>
Whatever kind of machine you'll make, the power will always turn into heat in the end, so really it's best to just go straight to heat and make a powerful heater.

You have to think about how much power you can actually get from your source. A standard outlet here is only 3600w, and in America it's a petty 1800w.
You also have to think of how to dispose of the heat, if it's only 3600w then having it in a room is no problem, but if you build a massive 100kw heater then you need to think of where to make the heat go.

Vid related https://youtu.be/a-C7AAvSslk
>>
>>1143270
I would help you but I get the feeling that this is for some revenge scheme in someone. If you have a problem, confront them. Don't try to take it out on their electric bill. Let it go nigger.
>>
>>1143309
What he said, but if this is to win a bet or something ...get the largest heating element you can find and run it through the biggest water tank you can find. You won't raise the temp that much.
>>
>inb4 horror fraught tools ad
>>
>>1143303

High power resistors are expensive.

Use a heating element from a space heater, stove, sandwich grill, water heater etc.
>>
>>1143270

This is an easy one

Just get a bunch of wire with whatever resistance you want. It has to distribute the heat over about 5 meters (uniform resistance) and be insulated. Then submerge it in a tank of water.

if it's enough power to boil the water, get a bigger tank or have a pump to circulate the water into a bucket of ice
>>
Why is /diy/ filled with such weird/vague shit with no context? Ive only been on the board for 30 min and already had a few good keks
>>
>>1143270
nichrome or kanthal resistance wire. youre welcome.
>>
>>1143812
/diy is easily one of the funniest boards.
many keks
>>
File: Powersink.gif (2KB, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
Powersink.gif
2KB, 32x32px
>>1143270
Get out syndicate scum!
>>
>>1143923
Get back to tool storage greyshit.
>>
>>1143308
This. If u got access to your appartments breaker or whoever you are trying to jew just plug a few electric heaters in and open a window. Protip. The $14 ones and $80 ones here are all the same fucking 1500 watts
>>
File: 1489099927924.jpg (29KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
1489099927924.jpg
29KB, 480x458px
>>1143309
>in someone
>>
>Multi kilowatt heating element immersed in flowing river.
>>
>>1143270
bang for your buck? a used mini refrigerator with the light bulb disconnected. Turn to 2-3 and leave that bitch open. Freezer too. If that doesn't put a dent in the power bill, put a second or fuckin third! They're stackable, lightweight, and you'll get no carbon monoxide poisoning.
>>
>>1143270
share your purpose anon.
are you trying to punish your neighbor for cucking you?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.