[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I use to draw a rather complicated "drill and cut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: drill guide.png (328KB, 391x452px) Image search: [Google]
drill guide.png
328KB, 391x452px
What do I use to draw a rather complicated "drill and cut lines" to attach on a case I wish to cut holes of various shapes onto?

Is LibreCAD good for this purpose (exact 2D drawings)?
>>
File: dykem.jpg (38KB, 395x322px) Image search: [Google]
dykem.jpg
38KB, 395x322px
dykem and a scribe?
>>
Here's a good video showing how to layout on a piece
https://youtu.be/-Scu752tQ7U
>>
>>1142966
I should add I'm doing this on a plastic case.
>>
File: sharpie.jpg (78KB, 1500x317px) Image search: [Google]
sharpie.jpg
78KB, 1500x317px
>>1143035
>>
>>1143082
I don't think my hands are steady enough to draw rectangles with millimeter accuracy.
>>
I modify plastic boxes all the time for custom circuits. I just use a simple CAD program to layout where the holes and slots are, print it at 1:1 scale on paper, then use double sided tape to tape it to the box. Just drill and cut according to the layout on the paper and clean up the tape goo when you're done.
>>
>>1143086
Which CAD program?
>>
>>1143088
Most of the time I end up using express pcb because I already used it to create a schematic and circuit board. It's good for defining an outline of your box then placing circles, slots, custom polygons, etc. It's a very very dumbed down program, but most of the time I only need circles to drill holes for potentiometers and leds. It automatically prints 1:1 scale and you can learn how to use it in a few minutes. Keep in mind though that it is designed for making circuit boards, so most of the function you won't need. Just use the 2 or 3 tools for drawing shapes and then print it.

If you have anything fancy to design, you might want to choose another program, but express pcb is free, easy, and does all that I need it to do for simple projects. For real CAD work where I need good drawings or 3d functions, I use Siemens NX.
>>
>>1143102
https://www.expresspcb.com/free-cad-software
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.