[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/diy/ im looking to do some private investigating services. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1488679145655.jpg (60KB, 496x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488679145655.jpg
60KB, 496x480px
/diy/ im looking to do some private investigating services. What are some tools and methods of sleuthing that the pros use? Best websites or resources?
>>
>>1142624
The majority of P.I. work is collecting evidence of marital infidelity and testifying in court along with these records. You'll be using video and audio recordings mostly. You'll need to be able to inconspicuously tail cars and people and do boring 12 hour+ stakeouts without leaving your vehicle. You cannot break the law so you need to be aware of those and you usually need a license because you are going to have the cops called on you sometimes. They will arrest you for stalking people if you don't. Your evidence may be inadmissible in court without a license. You want to have a good billing service so you don't get screwed, and a lawyer on retainer in case you get in trouble. You'll often be using state arrest records and phone number/address finding subscription services. Procedures will vary. Gonna have to research. Look up P.I. organizations where you are and try to talk to them. Unless you're already investigation/court-savvy (as in ex-cop, etc.) I strongly suggest working for an established investigator for a while first.

That said, it seems pretty fun. I've helped a friend on a couple tailing/stakeout cases and it was kinda cool. We were trying to verify the identity of a slumlord for some kind of lawsuit.
>>
>>1142687
We got him, btw. Yay!
>>
>>1142687
This is great, thank you. What are some subscription services.
>>
File: 1488840210106.jpg (96KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
1488840210106.jpg
96KB, 1024x538px
>>1142624
>>
>>1142702
google it. For real though. There are lots of reverse number lookup things out there. I don't know. You're just going to have to take initiative and do some research. I never did it professionally. I got asked to help out a couple times because I'm a reasonably intelligent, average-looking guy with good driving skills and a squeaky clean record. From what I was told, the best ways to get into this business are to be a cop, work for another licensed P.I., or be a process server for a law firm or court. Good luck!
>>
>>1142726
My hope, is that i catch a pi lurking and give me some good advice. /diy/ is a good thread to have a thread linger and its got some good enough advice to have a decent draw of lurkers.
>>
>>1142687
Be a good idea to have a gun on you.

People get crazy when they see u
>>
>>1142749
Honestly? Half of them are ex-cops. Go ask a board where you might find them. Maybe /k/?
>>
>>1142749
If you can spot a p.i. lurking, he's probably not a good p.i.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.