[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to hide the red of IR cameras? I have indoor/outdoor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 56IRinfraredcamera-1.jpg (16KB, 386x290px) Image search: [Google]
56IRinfraredcamera-1.jpg
16KB, 386x290px
Is there a way to hide the red of IR cameras?

I have indoor/outdoor IR camera's outside my house but the IR's are so red you can easily see them in the dark.

I don't want people to see them (mostly because then they will know which areas have blind spots or try to break/disable them).

anyway to do this or is there any type of security camera that has IR but isn't so noticeable?
>>
>>1142200
The cameras are using a low-wavelength IR light. In order to change that you need to change the IR LEDs.

http://www.coparatech.com/ir_faq.htm

>Q. 800nm, 850nm, 900nm, what do all these numbers mean and why should I care?

>A. 800nm, 850nm, etc., refers to the wavelength in nanometers of the actual beams emitted from the LED. Really the only things that are important to know about these numbers for night-vision use is this: The lower the number, the more visible to the human eye the light is. 800nm-860nm are still fairly invisible. You can't see the beams, but you can detect a faint pink glow from the LEDs when you look directly at them. LEDs in the 900nm range are completely invisible but appear as weaker light to IR capable camcorders. We experimented with all ranges and found the 850nm IR LEDs to be the brightest for use with night-vision camcorders.
>>
>>1142200
>>1142206

You can swap out all the LED's for longer wavelength ones like anon said. Or build an illuminator that uses longer wavelength LED's and more of them. 940nm is what I used when the local PD wanted an invisible IR illuminator for a bait car (had to custom fit in the dome light housing for stealth, didn't have to be overly bright because it was so near the suspect's face as was the camera.)
>>
>>1142200
How do you wire these things up?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>1142241
>>1142206
I don't solder very often, Any tips?

>>1142256
Its very easy.

Buy the kits if you don't want to make your own system. You need 4 things....DVR, HDD, Cameras, And wiring/power supplies.

It's easy to set up the kits, It's plug and play. A woman could even do it in an afternoon.

Get a decent HDD, 2TB or larger
>>
>>1142275
>tips
Start with low iron temperature and adjust from there. If solder doesnt stick to something it should stick too its because of a thin layer of oxydation, remove by scratching softly until shinier. Dont leave the iron on anything for too long, like no longuer than 3 seconds. Fumes are bad.
>>
File: 71j13RAsx4L._SL1500_.jpg (75KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71j13RAsx4L._SL1500_.jpg
75KB, 1500x1000px
>>1142275
>Any tips?
1. Eye protection
2. Avoid breathing fumes
3. Get a set of "helping hands" - pic related
4. Experiment with melting solder on a piece of plywood to develop a good and reliable technique
5. Buy a cheap LED flashlight from your local dollar store and practice replacing those LEDs to boost confidence.
>>
>>1142453
>>1142315
These guys forgot the important part, you can never use too much flux
>>
>>1142315
>>1142453
>>1142467

Thank you guys, Ordered 100 LED's for 14 bucks last night, Should be here in a couple days.

Also ordered a flux pen and solder
>>
>>1142483

Protip. Long led leg is positive and needs to go in line with the resistor.

Other leg obciously is negative.

Nit sure why bit most wont work if rired backwards.
>>
>>1142607
No led will work in reverse because its a diode. Diodes only work in one direction. Well i guess they work in the other direction if there is enough voltage, as in they work in the same way as a fuse works.
Resistor doesn't have to be on the positive leg thanks to kirchoffs laws.
Decent multimeter on diode setting will tell you the forward voltage and therefore you can find the polarity if you are unsure. Flat edge on the rim is another typical signature of the negative (cathode) but check the datasheet.
If you want a good way to remember anode from cathode think about the diode symbol vertically with the arrow pointing upwards. Conventional current flows in the direction of the arrow so positive is at the bottom and negative at the top. Now as for anode cathode think of it like a lady's skirt. Anode sounds a bit like anus which would be under the bottom of the skirt. You are welcome.
>>
>>1142200
put up outdoor lights near them, so the light keeps the lookers from seeing the red leds
>>
>>1142200
The IR LEDs are a good deterrent. Let's people know you're watching them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.