[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else like the look of hi-vis clothes? Picked up one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: MLK-JS102_A.jpg (191KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MLK-JS102_A.jpg
191KB, 1200x1200px
Does anyone else like the look of hi-vis clothes? Picked up one of these the other day, and I think it's my new daily wear. I find myself wishing they designed safety clothes a little more sartorially.

This and more in tonight's edition of /fa/ Meets /diy/
>>
>>1141444
If you got a job you would not be so excited about wearing work clothes.
>>
>>1141457
Har har. Back when I was surveying, I was pretty excited about buying a sweet new safety vest.

That's still kind of my point, they should make clothes that a person would want to wear even when they weren't on the job.
>>
>>1141457
don be harsh - come the robots, bit of Hi-Vis LARP'ing be all that remains of 'manual work' as a conceptual and factual entity.
>>
>>1141467
The robots are still going to need someone to cook them dinner and suck their dicks
>>
>>1141480
they robots - they'll have auto-fellatio and 5-min Pasta down in ten. This is also why wimmin never go on strike, properly, either. Worlds most effective Trade Union, they been protecting the mystery of how to boil an egg for centuries.
>>
>>1141444
Looks like someone missed the 80's.
>>
File: carhartt hoodie.png (476KB, 668x574px) Image search: [Google]
carhartt hoodie.png
476KB, 668x574px
>>1141444
>Does anyone else like the look of hi-vis clothes?
not really, but im required to wear them for work. i had the jacket in the op pic, it didnt hold up to the laundry very well. i replaced it with the carhartt one. its seems to be holding up better.
>>
>>1141457
Kek
>>
>>1141444
>not long enough in the waist/too short
>gets dirty quick, and it shows
>outer layer can rip easily, reflective stips come off
>I personally don't like poofy coats.
If you get a better quality one with a zip out inner liner it's much more versatile, and the outer layer is more durable on the better brands.
It's just work wear, I don't really think much of it at all.
>>
I hate wearing safety vest so goddamn much.

I also hate wearing cotton tshirts.
>>
>>1141444
i never wear jackets, don't see the point, hate being hot, don't mind rain, would rather be damp for a while than faff around hanging up jackets and shit.
but
i did some work in subsea and they lent me a hivis and boy oh boy it was like fucking lined with wool or some shit and man was it comfy. i fucking slept in it it was just so comfy and cosy. never worn one since because i only ever come across shit poly linings and its just not the same. i've been on a couple jobs where h&s require you a waistcoat or some shit and its fucking stupid. oh you want to climb a ladder well unless you wear this someone might not see you and try to take it away while you are on it. fucking retarded shit like that.
as for sartorial the last place i worked we had a guy doing pat tests who had this grey/green warehouse coat thing with hivis on the lower half. looked pretty smart, he was oldish and really suited him but he wouldn't say where he got it from. assume his wife sewed it for him or something.
>>
>>1141444
no i dont like looking like a pylon
>>
File: RL-poppy1518.4L.jpg (227KB, 1024x1006px) Image search: [Google]
RL-poppy1518.4L.jpg
227KB, 1024x1006px
>>1141558
>>
File: 51jOPUki3xL._SY355_.jpg (12KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51jOPUki3xL._SY355_.jpg
12KB, 355x355px
>>
File: Screenshot_20170112-115138.jpg (2MB, 1440x1912px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170112-115138.jpg
2MB, 1440x1912px
>>1141444
Yeah, always have. It's even a fetish of mine.

Which is great since i'm a blue collar worker and I get to wear it all the time.
>>
>>1141457
I wondered recently how comfortable police officers are on the the beat (especially driving) with stab/hi viz vests on. Can't imagine it being very comfortable.

has little to do with the colour tho
>>
>>1141964
Hi viz vests are usually lined with wool on the inside. Very comfortable.
>>
>>1141940
> see thumb
> immediately see dark haired animu character laying down, feet towards camera, with dat thigh, blue boots, and her arms behind her head

I've been here too long.
>>
>>1142073
Yes you have
>>
>show up to prewire new house for security and cameras
>Fuck all to do, won't be there for more than two hours or so
>No one on site
>Let myself in
>Get on with my job
>Some dickhead project manager shows up
>WHERES YOUR HI VIS
>HAVE YOU SIGNED IN
>HAVE YOU BEEN INDUCTED
>WHERE IS YOUR HAZARD ANALYSIS FORM

Jesus Christ this safety shit is getting out of hand. I work a trade and therefore I accept responsibility for my own safety and the risks with my job. I hate some dickhead in a suit trying to tell me off for not wearing an orange shirt when he strolls onto site with his fucking dress shoes and a suit, at least follow your own fucking rules.
>>
>>1142188
Would this be The United Kingdom of Great Britain (& Europe and All Other Worldwide Assorted Applicable and Non-Applicable Safety at Work Regulations) per chance?
>>
>>1142189
New Zealand mate. Everything is 20 years behind here so the safety dickheads feel the need to make up for the last20 years of not giving a fuck about safety by shoving it the fuck down everyone's throat.
>>
>>1142189
lolwut

We may have shit loads of legal protection and regs, but a dude showing up in high-vis is license to do whatever the fuck you want. There's like a silent trust of the yellow and people think to get out the way.
>>
>>1143571
This
>>
>>1142188
>not realising they make steel/composite toe black leather shoes specifically for suits that have to do site visits
>>
>>1141444
You buy that shit by choice? I wear it because I have to wear it.
>>
>>1143571

Damn right.
Need to close this road? A sign, 4 cones and a high vis vest and I'm god!
>>
I don't like the vests. They don't breath well where the reflective strips and any writing or logos are so I sweat profusely under all of those spots when it's hot out. i had one that said STAFF in big letters on the back, it was like a hot piece of rubber glued to my shoulders whenever the sun hit it. Awful.
>>
>>1141875
>I also hate wearing cotton tshirts.

Fascinating. What would you prefer to wear on the job?
>>
>>1143571
>silent trust of the yellow

/thread. perhaps a meme.
>>
>>1141940
>blue collar worker
>zipper boots
>shorts
youre a flagger for road construction?

>>1143571
>but a dude showing up in high-vis is license to do whatever the fuck you want
this is how we roll in the US as well.
>>
>>1143571
Because the average fuck doesn't generally go out and buy high visibility clothing but the average fuck IS used to construction workers and such wearing it
>>
>>1144001
No i'm a forklift driver/manual laborer
>>
>>1141485
what the fuck did I just read?
>>
>>1141457
i have a job, i love hi vis and quilted overalls
and big ass boots. and soft leather gloves

all i don't like is the stupid glasses but oakley solved that problem, mostly

i also love motorcycles and atgatt so i'm probably just an autistic retard
>>
>>1143571
Not so much here, there were a rash of siding thefts over the last decade here(it's got down a lot since 2009), generally people in high vis. Not just aluminum, people were also taking brick. They cleaned the sides off of a 3 story brick house while one guy was at work and his kids were at school. People saw a trailer and 3 guys in high vis. Guess they made several trips too.

Another scam were the fake meter readers. Utility companies send their guys out in high vis. People were going into backyards and stealing things too, like grills and mowers.

This was happening mostly in the nice areas, where the cheapest house you can get is damn near a million.
>>
Yep love vests
>>
>>1144835
>Another scam were the fake meter readers.
I work for a utility company and this is driving us up the walls. People have become more suspicious as it is, but news about scammers turn things ugly real quick.
I once had to hand both my work ID and personal ID to a customer, she shut the door and kept them. It was a pain in the ass to get her to believe me and my coworker that we actually work for the company.
>>
>>1144835
>people were also taking brick
What? Were they stealing it off of construction sites and renovations, or did they take them off of buildings?
>>
I had an orange fire retardent rain jacket for work. It was bright as fuck, but since it didn't have actual hi vis stripes on it they said I couldn't use it. Ended up using it as an everyday thing and grew to love it. Comfy as heck and stylish.
>>
File: 585c07151800002d00e441f2.jpg (113KB, 630x432px) Image search: [Google]
585c07151800002d00e441f2.jpg
113KB, 630x432px
pic related.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.