[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>how to fix scratches on the joy con? What kind of paint/finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0735.jpg (1MB, 3612x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.jpg
1MB, 3612x3024px
>how to fix scratches on the joy con?

What kind of paint/finish or can it just be buffed out?

>this is through general usage
>>
>>1141045

Didn't this get released like 4 days ago?
>>
>>1141046

Yes. The material is the biggest piece of shit ever. The screen itself is made of plastic.

The controller is wearing off, from where I've been playing. Is a fucking joke. I wanna find some /diy/ to actually finish Nintendo job for them and future proof the material,
>>
put it in the microwave
>>
>>1141045
no clue if its black material or painted black, but if its plastic:

you could disassemble the controller to get its frame alone, then use a dye to stain it black

theres a dye that is considered a favorite to do this (staining plastic like this, toys, etc) but its been updated in recent years to exclude a component that allows it to work on plastic, in turn you now have to add acetone to the mix (I think)

I don't remember the name of the dye, but google should pull it up pretty quickly.
>>
>>1141062

Based. I was thinking of just painting over the scratches and then putting a protective coating over it,
>>
>>1141057
Was the wiiu not enough of a warning ?
>>
>>1141045
Plasti Dip it, use a Metalizer, take it to show and tell, get mad 1st grade pussy.
>>
>>1141046
You should check out youtube videos about all the failures that occur to people with completely new devices. Shit starts playing sound when not in use, turning off, exit games, gets dead pixels, screen glitches out and sounds like an old modem connecting, the handles can get stuck, the screen gets scratches from the dockstation which it is supposed to go on. Glitches in Zelda occur so bad that you'd think it's a shitty emulation.

I was thinking about getting one bilut i think i dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>1141124
>the handles can get stuck, the screen gets scratches from the dockstation which it is supposed to go on

I find those two design flaws hilarious. If you put the wrong strap handle on the wrong controller it completely locks up. I feel so bad for all of the kids who have done this. I wish I could help fix it for them.

Nintendo completely dropped the ball on this shit.
>>
>>1141045
You are supposed to drop 70 extra dollars on the pro controller you silly goose.
Its made of marginally better plastic than the joycons
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.