[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a coffee table comparable to pic related. The top is perfectly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

I got a coffee table comparable to pic related. The top is perfectly rectangular and flat. I want to put some photos on the table and put a flat glass plate on top. Now I got two questions:

How would I fixate the glass plate? I want it to be detachable so you can easily exchange the photos. I thought about the kind of clips you use to assemble frameless picture frames or clip frames. But they just usually go to a thickness of ~10mm, and tabletop and glass plate together are ~36mm.

Can you put cups with hot beverages on glass plates? If not, are common coasters enough to keep the glass safe?
>>
File: 67_1.jpg (33KB, 238x280px) Image search: [Google]
67_1.jpg
33KB, 238x280px
Picture the related, the type of frame clip I mean.
>>
>>1140600
>How would I fixate the glass plate? I want it to be detachable so you can easily exchange the photos. I thought about the kind of clips you use to assemble frameless picture frames or clip frames. But they just usually go to a thickness of ~10mm, and tabletop and glass plate together are ~36mm.
Don't use clips, if the table is level the glass should stay easily, if you want a little more stay grab a hot glue gun, put a little dot of hot glue at each corner of the glass, let it dry on just the glass. The hot glue rubbery dots will act as little friction pads
>Can you put cups with hot beverages on glass plates? If not, are common coasters enough to keep the glass safe?
Yes. Common coasters are fine

But you don't want normal plate glass, go to your local Glasser and special order a tempered sheet the size of your table you alternatively can specify "furniture glass" but some glasser's don't recognize that distinction

Generally speaking furniture glass is just tempered glass, has decent thermal shock resistance etc.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.