[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread for things we hate about architecture or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: miami.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
miami.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Can we have a thread for things we hate about architecture or design? Maybe things that aren't even necessarily bad, but that we're sick of looking at.

I hate this sort of home. I'm not opposed to modernity, but this sort of boxy-looking, all white and all windows house looks terrible to me.

I also hate Miami though, so there is that.
>>
File: yuck.jpg (123KB, 1088x496px) Image search: [Google]
yuck.jpg
123KB, 1088x496px
>>1140222
Dunno if you've been seeing this but Philly is going through a massive upheaval of horrible eyesores that are being called modern architecture.

>>dat triple texture facade
>>dat not even remotely blending in with the surroundings
>>
At least it isnt shipping containers.

Phily has an intermodal port. One or two trippers would be very cheap there.

Personally , i like arts and craft style, Italian revival, and brutalist.
>>
>>1140222

I'm kind of sick of seeing 50 TV's displaying pointless shit when I walk into an establishment. Bonus points when the company/building brags about how "green" they are when they leave the 50 TV's on 24/7.
>>
File: Richmond-Modern-1200x750px.jpg (33KB, 420x263px) Image search: [Google]
Richmond-Modern-1200x750px.jpg
33KB, 420x263px
>>1140222
most new houses look like this now in australia and while i dont see anything inherently wrong with them its just that there are neighbourhoods like this where all the goddamn houses look the same.

it makes me uneasy for some reason.
>>
>>1140508
down to the fucking shrubbery in the yard.
>>
>>1140222
I know the flat roof, square shape, high ceiling, white paint and big glass is overused.

But is there a better alternative, especially in hot climates?
>>
>>1140535

Not using concrete for your roof makes your house a lot fucking cooler.
>>
I'm not a fan of modern minimum-ism. It's a house, give it a fucking personality you soulless fucks. At least hang pictures of different shades of white!

Also, popcorn ceiling.
>>
I hate houses that are heavily unbalanced and have pointless appendages attached to the main part.

I also hate a lot of the newer brick houses here in the US, because most of them tend to look like dorms and office buildings.
>>
File: Paris Catacombs.jpg (135KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Paris Catacombs.jpg
135KB, 620x400px
I've always wanted to have myself an underground Catacomb with tunnels and a room to throw parties in. Make it look real spooky and shit down there. I have no idea how I would even start.

Does anyone know how those fuckers in Paris did it?
>>
>>1140652
I recently discovered there might be an old fallout shelter buried in my back garden (house used to be part of a USAF base here in the UK). I'm sceptical of its existence, but was planning on digging there anyway.
>>
>>1140508
Nothing like the old trick of putting an integrated garage in the building to claim more square footage. McMansions do that too.

Detached garages don't take the house with them if they burn.
>>
>>1140663
>(house used to be part of a USAF base here in the UK)

Look at old overhead pics of the base to see what was once at that location. Base history sites might yield some clues. You could even find a base website and ask since there are many USAF vets who keep in touch.

I miss defending NATO from the Bolshevik hordes, but NATO elected their own.

RIP old NATO and the Cold War. Good times.
>>
>>1140508

I'm in Brisbane and 99.9% of new houses all try to look 'architecturally designed' but in doing so they all look generic.

Especially when there's a whole street of them and you can see there's one main plan with like 3 variations of it.
>>
File: 1392664002366.png (376KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1392664002366.png
376KB, 900x702px
>people who have houses with xboxhueg windows but live in the city or suburbs
>>
>>1140680

>Don't take the house with them

Lol you seem to forget that if someone strikes a match in a suburb, the whole neighborhood goes up in flame.

Cardboard and glue is pretty flammable
>>
>>1140222

I hate the people who do architecture

They don't know it's basically construction and they always have a degree in interior design

> muh sketch up
>>
inb4 fallingwater
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.