[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ here again. I'm a thirld wolder so I want to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: FCLI8GKHH2VJU6R.MEDIUM.jpg (78KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
FCLI8GKHH2VJU6R.MEDIUM.jpg
78KB, 620x465px
/fit/ here again.

I'm a thirld wolder so I want to make concrete weights because I'm from a poor shithole.

Can you guys give me the recomendations in terms of volume I need to make weight plates of 2kg, 5kg, 10kg and 20kg?

what would be the volume in cm3 of said weights assuming average mix of concrete and grava (sand).

also, what would be said volume in relation to cans, like how much big in liquid terms (gallons or liters) do the cans/bottles need to be.

Too retarded to do the conversion.

Many thanks for your help.
>>
>>1138805
http://www.traditionaloven.com/conversions_of_measures/concrete-weight.html
>>
>>1138805
about 2kg per liter
they're just weights, don't overthink it
>>
>>1138805
Why dont you try working out your brain instead of your arms. I think it needs it more if you can't manage these simple calculations.

ill give you a hint. 4160ml is ~10kg concrete
>>
>>1138815
thanks.

So basically two bottles of 1 liter, two of two littlers and two of four littlers, right?

>>1138816
>>1138813
too retarded for basic math.
>>
Too retarded to do the conversion but can use the internet? Wtf just google concrete density and use the motherfucking mass= densityƗvolume ya dumb fuck. How do you know how much nutrients do you need if you cant do that? Building muscle is about working out, eating and doing math
>>
>>1138817
>too retarded for basic math

Typical third worlder

Sad!
>>
>>1138805
Dont worry about trying to make an exact weight. Just make a mould, then weigh the resulting weight.
>>
>>1138805
It all depends on aggregate, cement ratios etc.

Why not weigh out accurately a small sample of 1 part cement, 5 parts sand/gravel.

Mix it, let it set. weigh final product, and compare with starting weights.

Scale up to suit.
>>
>one end breaks off
>unweighted end of the bar flies up and turns your face into a picasso

don't do it man
>>
>>1138805
Highly do not recommend. Concrete weights are generally made permanently attached to weight bar because fragile.
Also, bar is often the expensive part of the set.
Bar needs to be solid, good quality steel, plumbing pipe will bend then buckle catastrophically on you.

I would suggest getting a bucket and making free weights with concrete and steel pipe, the short length means the pipe should be long enough.

Also, recommend that if you do go with plates, you use grocery bags and an iron to do a band around the edge, so when they do crack it will hopefully hold it together enough to put down safely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=787VpNLjpmY

But if you're determined:
Get bucket, probably smaller size 2 liter for the light plates and a 10 liter for the big ones (I'm guessing because I usually work in gallons). you want the plates to be at least 5 cm thick because concrete is more fragile than iron.
put the bucket on a bathroom scale, check the weight, add DRY concrete mix until you have added the right amount of weight. eg if just the bucket is 0.2kg and you want 5kg, add until you hit 5.2kg. Then pour out the dry mix into a mixing tray and add water and mix concrete, or use fast set so you can just pour water in on it. The water weight will go away as it cures/dries.
put a pvc pipe section in the bucket before adding concrete back to be the center. try hard to put it in the middle or plate will be lopsided.
cut off pvc level with concrete after it cures. it should be sized to slip over your bar, pvc will make it slide ok and wont scratch the fuck out of the bar and make it stick. also add a little (very little) cushion to absorb shock on it.

It'll last a lot longer if you DON'T do what is in picture, concrete weights are generally only used for squats and bench presses, where they never touch the ground. deadlifts will crack it unless you do them on grass, which is just asking to fuck up your ankles @ footing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_csvZyxssY
>>
>>1139026
Fill the bar itself with concrete.
>>
>>1138805
Just use buckets, fill with water or rocks. Make sure to nock your bar.
>>
OP will die...
>>
Why not buy up loads of scrap metal with a fairly low melting point, build a cheapo foundry, and cast some more solid plates?
>>
>>1139279
Or weld several wheel discs on something long and round like traffic sign pole.
>>
>>1139166
>Just use buckets, fill with water
this is the relevant part of the sane solution.

re-use plastic containers filled with water. when you're done with your exercises water the garden or keep them filled or drink the water or what ever.
>>
>>1139147
the bar is solid steel
>>
>>1139379
That thing probably isn't going to break then. Am I right to assume you don't have access to a welder? If you did, I'd fill the bottles with concrete with a hole down the middle of the concrete so you can slide the weights on and off, with a weld bead to stop them sliding towards your hands and a nut on the end to stop them slipping off. You'd also need to be able to thread whatever bar you're using.
>>
Concrete itself ends up brittle because the rocks do no adhering. Pure cement is better, and much easier to work with. You could even embed chicken wire in it if you are afraid it'd break. I recommend planning for up to 5-10% overweight, that way you can compensate for smoothing it out or if it chips and shit when you have multiple plates together.
>>
>>1139285
3rd world. Could have trouble with water, but we don't really know. I think the scrap >>1139279
metal melted into small nuggets that you could put in buckets to adjust weight would be useful for some weights, like deadlifting, but that wouldn't be so good for overhead press. hmm
>>
Well if you have access to milk jugs you could tie them off to even points across the bar and fill them with something like sand or dirt, rocks might risk being weighted differently
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.