[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got fucked by people parking too close in my garage and ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: OXVqV3F[1].jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
OXVqV3F[1].jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Got fucked by people parking too close in my garage and ended up scraping a concrete pillar. I'm looking to first and foremost prevent rust and further paint degradation, and hopefully to fix it maybe 80% cosmetically. I'm aware that 100% cosmetics are pretty much out of the question.

I'm considering two options.

One is to use touch up paint and brush that in into the deep scratches until its most of the way level and then finish with clear. Sand/buff and polish to finish.

The other is to respray the door and the section of that body panel. I have access to an HVLP gun, but I'm doubtful I would be able to construct a paint booth to fit my car into. In addition I'm a complete amateur and will likely fuck it up in some way. I'm also concerned about blending the paint into the rest of the body panel. Plus I don't know how the two different paints will fade relative to each other and I don't want it to look like a patchwork quilt in a year or two.

/o/ was not very helpful.
>>
File: FfCOzGE[1].jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
FfCOzGE[1].jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Then this is just the door here.
>>
>>1138555
http://www.automotivetouchup.com
>>
>>1138555

proffesiol bodyguy here, you cant really fill up with colored paint since it's really thin, you can kinda fill it up with cleacoat and wait untill its hardened out to the sand it and polish it but your result will never be original unless you spray it completely.
>>
>>1138555
My advice would be to go back in time and learn how to drive.
>>
>>1138695
Wow its almost like its really difficult to pull out of a spot when the guy next to you is 6 inches over the line into your spot on the right, and you have an inch of clearance on the left between a concrete pillar and your mirror, while simultaneously then having just barely 1 car length behind you to the opposing row of parking.
>>
>>1138689
I'm aware it won't be perfect, but do you think 75%-80% is possible?
>>
Bump for any tips
>>
>>1138555
Im a spray painter, dont bother trying to paint a white pearl if you haven't had some serious practice. Best course of action is a light wet-sand with 1500 then 2000, buff up and then get some touch-up paint to go over the areas where its gone through the clear coat and basecoat. Will be far from perfect but perfect from far.
>>
>>1139979
I was leaning toward touch up, but I figured it was worth at least exploring the option of a respray.

That is the procedure I see in a lot of guides. I've been wondering why no one suggests doing the base, then building up clear until its about level with the original finish and then sand and buff. Is it just too difficult not to make a big vein of paint that looks just as bad as the scratch?

One other quick question, should I add primer first on the parts where it got to bare metal before the touch up paint?
>>
>>1138722
That's why you keep a sledge hammer in your trunk...
>>
>>1140215
I don't foresee any issues arising from that
>>
bump...
>>
>>1138555
>Got fucked by people parking too close in my garage and ended up scraping a concrete pillar.
first you must accept responsibility for the damage.
nobody forced you to drive your car into a pillar.
finding ways of passing blame onto others is not good for you op. you must accept your mistakes and learn from them, allow yourself the freedom to grow.
>>
>>1142203
Exactly, OP should accept that he's a faggot and kill himself.
>>
>>1142201
Why do you keep bumping?
>>
>>1142263

Looking for input on

>>1140005
>>
Sand entire area with 5000 grit to remove as many clear coat scratches as possible

Fill the deep scratch with touch up paint in your car color. Layer it so it slightly protrudes from the surface. Then sand it down, compound and polish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhcYZULgbOU
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.