[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are 5 kreg screws on each end of a rail strong enough to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4091.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4091.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Are 5 kreg screws on each end of a rail strong enough to hold a bed together?
>>
>>1137848

On a bed you never get into? Sure...

Don't use a Kreg screw system for building a bed...wont be strong enough...use biscuits, Dominos, loose tenons, mortice and tenon...
>>
PS: Queen size bed, 2x6 rails, 20 kreg screws total keeping them attached to the headboard and endboard
>>
>>1137848
>Is X strong enough for Y

Unless you give us detail of Y nobody will be able to tell you shit
>>
>>1137870
I don't see why not. Make sure to use the proper 2.5" for 1.5" stock.
Pocket screws are the shit!
>>
>>1137848
More than strong enough
>>
>>1137850
>don't use kreg screws they too weak
>use biscuits

U wot
>>
>>1137850

Biscuits are weaker than pocket holes on all the tests. Only thing biscuit joint beats is plain glue and screw butt joint.

OP, you will have better strength if you just reinforce the inside corners with an extra two pieces of wood, glued and screwed in crossgrain to crossgrain. That'll upgrade you from probably strong enough to absolutely strong enough.
>>
>>1137848
Depends on how tight your step daughter is..
>>
no, the end of a 2x6 alone is not enough to hold a bed square.
>>
File: IMG_3499 2.jpg (157KB, 640x873px)
IMG_3499 2.jpg
157KB, 640x873px
>>1137850
>biscuits

mfw
>>
>>1137981
What if I told you.. There was a way? Would you believe me?
>>
File: 2466[1].jpg (11KB, 310x244px) Image search: [Google]
2466[1].jpg
11KB, 310x244px
designed for support
also available in flat if you don't need the corner
multiple sizes/styles available at local hardware stores
mounted on inside - no one will ever know
>>
>>1138014
are you shilling for a kreg jig in a kreg jig thread, or do you agree and want OP to buy that angle iron?
>>
>>1138021
I'm more shilling for ingrain screws being an actual thing. Vs shilling for kreg. I don't even own any of their products...

Say you have a 2x4.. And want to butt two pieces up. But one piece is going too ingrain... Well that sucks! But wait... All you gotta do is drill a 1/2inch hole or bigger about 1 inch from the end. Get the size dowel you have the hole for and glue it in... Now pilot hole then screw your screws into the end grain confident that your joint is stronk..

Maybe that autistic woodworker on youtube will actually listen to my comments for once and test this shit to get a real number..
>>
File: 2017-03-01.png (706KB, 1827x1411px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-01.png
706KB, 1827x1411px
>>1138018
Totally unnecessary.
>>
>>1138118
Umm They don't need a specialized $100 jig to install.
>>
>>1138027
Id be more inclined to believe you if you knew that it was endgrain and not ingrain.
>>
>>1138122
>$100

Home Depot sells a mini kit with the drill bit, the hex key and washer for the hole depth, and a tiny jig (only has one hole, not like the other mini jig with two holes) for $20. I don't think it would work with kreg's special clamp but is otherwise is good for making pocket holes on the cheap.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.