[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to build a wooden foot locker to store guns in. It needs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: box.jpg (44KB, 564x364px) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
44KB, 564x364px
I want to build a wooden foot locker to store guns in. It needs to be fairly portable but sturdy. I really like to way pic looks. It's from the tv show Arrow.
>>
>>1136987
Good for you. All the best with it anon.
>>
OP here. Does anyone know a good set of plans? I can probably wing it with success, but plans would help.
>>
>>1136987
>fairly portable
Nope. Notice how long that is, and the handles on each end. It's meant to be carried by two people and put on the floor where you need it. It's not really meant to be carried around like a briefcase, especially when it's full of stuff. That being said it looks pretty straightforward. I don't think plans would be necessary in this case. All memes aside looking at those planks on the side, pallet wood might actually be good for this.
>>
bunch of pine boards and some screws or nails and a couple hinges and yer golden. this is about as simple as it gets.
>>
You could install a pair of suitcase wheels on one side so you can roll it instead of lifting the entire thing.
>>
Any ideas what I should line it with? Was thinking eggshell foam.
>>
inch thick heavy wood
Line the sides and edges with metal
>>
Re-purpose a surplus artillery shell crate? or copy the dimensions and build one. They're made out of 1 inch thick pine, or mine are. Not sure what your definition of 'fairly portable' is though. The howitzer shell crate might hold a rifle but wouldn't be anything I'd want to walk around in public with when I could use a hard plastic case lined with foam and have it lighter, more maneuverable, protect the gun better and less conspicuous.
>>
>>1136987
Just goto a surplus store and buy a crate meant for 105mm artillery rounds for like 20 dollars.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.