[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good afternoon /diy/, Safety/advice question: I bought this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

File: lamp.jpg (52KB, 533x947px) Image search: [Google]
lamp.jpg
52KB, 533x947px
Good afternoon /diy/,

Safety/advice question:

I bought this lamp from Ikea, really like the way it looks, has a QI charger and USB port built into the base. Problem with it is the bulb type it wants to accept are 7W type B. I bought it specifically to use with a LIFX LED bulb that requires 11W at 60hz according to the side of the bulb.

First, how dangerous would it really be to use the LIFX bulb if I could find some kind of adapter?

If its too dangerous, either risk of fire or ruining the bulb, how would I know if I can just replace the bulb mount part? Or would I have to completely bypass the base with QI charger and such? Can I just a multimeter to the light contacts and see what kind of power it is outputting?

I would really appreciate any help on this.
>>
File: lamp max.jpg (50KB, 533x947px) Image search: [Google]
lamp max.jpg
50KB, 533x947px
>>
File: lifx 11w 60hz.jpg (47KB, 533x947px) Image search: [Google]
lifx 11w 60hz.jpg
47KB, 533x947px
>>
"type B" apparently refers to bulb shape, and for whatever reason they recommend that, you can nevermind it just as the fire safety disclaimer BS. It's an E14 bulb socket and you can put any E14 bulb in there, it's fed 200V AC straight from the outlet and has nothing to do with the USB charger built into the lamp base. Your LIFX bulb looks like an E27, which equally runs on 220V AC, so yes, you can use it with an E27 to E14 adapter you can probably find in any hardware store. Most likely it will look ugly though.

Ah wait, 60Hz means you're in the land of freedom, in which case it's E26 not E27, E17 not E14 and 110V not 220V, but same story.
>>
File: 20170226_195716.jpg (65KB, 449x797px) Image search: [Google]
20170226_195716.jpg
65KB, 449x797px
>>1136868
Picked up an E12 to E26 adapter, seems to function fine.

You're right about it looking ugly though. The added length from the extension pokes the bulb out. It makes the light way too harsh, looks like I'm going to have to replace the bulb socket to get it to sit further inside.

Anyways, thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.