[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I "upcylced" a Lee Enfield/.303 Rifle container

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

Recently I "upcylced" a Lee Enfield/.303 Rifle container dated from 1945 and mounted it to my wall, and I plan on using it as shelves. Has anyone got good ideas for shelves that will look good in here? Or even any other modifications ect I can do to it?
>>
Have you tried sticking it up your ass?
>>
>>1136332
me too
>>
>>1136325
>upcylced
why did you go to the bother of writing such a clumsy sentence just to use a word you patently aren't even sure of yourself?
wow what a retard.
its a rifle container put a rifle in it
>>
>>1136377
I live in Australia, rifles must be in a locked safe to a certain specification. Not to mention that I lost all of my rifles when I was caught up in some bullshit.
And as for the upcycled bit, I don't see the problem with using that word. It was in poor condition, and I cleaned the thing and gave the inside a repaint, got rid of the rust that was on it. That's upcycling it for use again, is it not?
>>
>>1136390
why the "" then
pretty sure upcycling is when an independently wealthy housewife buys antiques from a house clearing and then paints them gaudy chalk pastel colours in order to significantly reduce their worth.
put a nerf gun in it lol
>>
>>1136393
To emphasise that point, I suppose. I'm using the word as slang in a way, instead of just saying "I recycled this old rusty piece that was full of dirt"
Upcycling is just a part of recycling, rather then turning the object into something else by melting it down ect, it is re-used for creative purposes. For example, all those autistic shipping container bunkers could be considered an upcycle. Old windows from a pub being used in a house could be considered an upcycle.
Anyway, I guess i'll just figure out something on my own. I was hoping that a bright mind would see the post and come up with some killer idea d00d
>>
whats rong with 'upcycled'? I use that to describe my work on my blog, all the time.
>>
>>1136397
We don't upcycle here, we just work on projects.
>>
>>1136397
Thats fucking ugly. Jesus christ.
>>
>>1136397
We have to go back, marty
>>
File: 1463825772587.jpg (102KB, 631x729px) Image search: [Google]
1463825772587.jpg
102KB, 631x729px
>>1136390
move 4,155 km to the south east and live in a non nanny state hell hole :)
>>
>>1136396
I say upcycling is ok in this case. /diy/ is just so edge now.

Anyway, I would turn them in to a fallout prop myself. Pick your favorite video game, see what a typical locker looks like in that game, then copy it. Why not? It's the first real suggestion so far.
>>
File: what cunt.png (512KB, 538x624px) Image search: [Google]
what cunt.png
512KB, 538x624px
>>1136430
That's a good idea, Anon.
I like it.

>>1136424
Sorry Kiwi, I do agree that this is a nanny state hellhole, but I like having a job thanks.
I do like you Kiwis but there is a reason so many of them move here.
>>
>>1136433
nah bro you're not wrong
im an engineer so i find work quite easy but i can 100% can see what you're saying aye
>>
>>1136325
>upcycled

Why does this invariably mean "ruined"
>>
>>1136325
make shelves out of resin and bullet casings. make a container the size of your shelf, line bullet casings across the bottom, pour in clear resin.
>>
>>1136325
There's that buzzword again
>>
>>1136390
> It was in poor condition, and I cleaned the thing and gave the inside a repaint, got rid of the rust that was on it.
If you took a mower, put a new spark plug in it and repainted it, you would be restoring it or repairing it. Absolutely not upcycling it, see below.

>>1136396
>>1136430
It's not upcycling, it's simply repurposing. Taking something with no inherent value and making something of it = upcycling. See pic related, a shitload of otherwise useless broken glass turned into a table top. Taking something with an existing inherent value (a gun chest) and turning it onto a cabinet/bookshelf thing = repurposing. Scrubbing the cruft out and throwing a lick of paint on is just plain old restoration.

>>1136397
Then you are wrong. You are restoring, albeit in a garish, horrific manner.

Learn to fucking English language all you abhorrent cunts.

Meanwhile, OP, only way I can see to put shelves in would be to weld them in (good luck welding thin metal, especially if you have no welding chops) or drilling holes and fixing nuts and bolts in such a way that shelves can sit on them, much like the pins that hold shelves up in book cases. I guess you could drill holes and screw directly through into the ends of some appropriately cut plywood as well. Go at least 7mm so it doesn't split, pre-drill the holes to be sure.

I say just put the fucking thing on gumtree for someone who can actually use it as it stands and stop being a hipster fuck who ruins nice (and usable things) for the sake of.. Whatever the fuck it is you think you're doing.
>>
>>1136397
you should describe that as 'ruined'
holy fuck.
>>
>>1136522
>Taking something with no inherent value and making something of it = upcycling.
thats just making/building/creating.
>>
>>1136397
This has to be a troll. How the fuck could anyone be proud enough of that abomination to post it on a blog?

>>1136522
/thread. Dubs will it.
>>
>>1136542
No anon, hacking is now "making", and creating is now "upcycling". How do you expect hipsters to be able to demonstrate how much better than you they are if they are forced to use the same words as everyone else?
>>
>>1136397
that's not "upcycling"
all you did was refinish it
and it looks like shit
>>
>>1136393
In Australia all the good nerf guns are baned as weapons
>>
>>1136390
Are airguns considered firearms in Aus? If not you could substitute one for a rifle. Or a bow if it fit. It'd make a good tool cabinet too
>>
>>1136397
You're not upcycling shit Misty.

>>1136543
It appears to be a female. No wonder it struggles with correct word usage.

http://www.diyhomeinterior.com/coffee-table-upcycled-into-kids-chalkboard-painted-table/
>>
>>1137004
>It appears to be a female.
and, an avid subscriber to chan4's Mogolian board-bashing plank-polishing sub, one presumes?
>>
File: headaches-doctor.jpg (77KB, 994x506px) Image search: [Google]
headaches-doctor.jpg
77KB, 994x506px
>>1136545
thats wrong though
builders build the things
makers make the things
hackers hack all the things
stay at home mums upcycle

all of which includes but is not limited to;
tinkering, testing, rebuilding, re-purposing, programming, restoring, recovering, remodeling, messing with, taking apart and repairing
>>
File: header.jpg (15KB, 388x619px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
15KB, 388x619px
>>1137017
...and /diy/ does all of the above then goes and bangs your mom
>>
>>1136522
I collect military items. This box used to store weapons that have been in my family since the era it came from. Not sure how im a hipster fuck, wanker. I didn't want this just laying in the back of my garage, I wanted it to have a purpose, and in Australia storing weapons in it will get them confiscated, lose your license, and you will get a fine and possibly jail time. It's a retarded country.
In terms of the shelving, I think I will just have tight fit timber and then have small, strong on the underside to stop any chance of them falling down

>>1136989
Yep
>>
>>1136397
Thats fucking horrific.
post your blog please
>>
>>1137726
Read the thread, or at least some of the replies, you fucklord.
>>1137004
>>
>>1136397
The only thing missing is a "please kill me" caption
>>
>>1136325
Those sell for $40k on ebay and you destroyed it by drilling holes in it, good on you Mate!
>>
>>1136397
This has to be a troll
god, you ruined that table. why? Please, do not touch another paint can.
also, this >>1136401
>>
File: 1488082755379.jpg (405KB, 800x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1488082755379.jpg
405KB, 800x1037px
>>1137776
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.