[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do i go to get my bigass styrofoam block cut into letters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: LOVE Wood Table.jpg (4MB, 2558x1602px) Image search: [Google]
LOVE Wood Table.jpg
4MB, 2558x1602px
Where do i go to get my bigass styrofoam block cut into letters?
I have my wedding coming up in a few months and i wanna make a love table like this. People rent it out for $300 a day and that's stupid expensive.
I was able to find a 8x4x3' Styrofoam block which is plenty big but i dont know who can hot wire cut this shit with good precision.
I went to a local sign business with CNC but they dont touch anything larger than 4".

Where do i go find a local hot wire cutter?
>>
>>1134290
ask the sign shop to cut you stencils out of thin ply or metal, you'll need two of each letter. Then make a hot wire cutter like the one shown in this video, it's simpler and cheaper than you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIRzQO4F8ck
>>
>>1134300
That dude made the stencils out of plywood; I'd try that first. Cheaper and all
>>
File: i-wvbm8x5-l.jpg (207KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
i-wvbm8x5-l.jpg
207KB, 800x534px
>>1134304
>>1134300
It should be able to hold the weight of cake and food right? That would be a disaster if something happen on wedding day
>>
File: i-jt7tgbx-l.jpg (147KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
i-jt7tgbx-l.jpg
147KB, 800x534px
The "o" is also supporting the glass, it has a slit that doesn't show in these pic. To make things simpler, i could just make it same height with other letters
>>
>>1134439
wasn't my idea to make it out of foam. OP, did you think this through?
>>
>>1134439
>should be able to hold the weight of cake and food right?
+1 for, you maybe want to reconsider your chosen material tolerances here chief. New Mrs Ops BS Tolerance may also be slightly more limited, on this one ocassion at least, than you think.
>>
>>1134290
or make the letters out of faom, and decorate a 'normal' table with them, y'know, one that might support the weight of 2 people cutting a cake and shit?

This is a self-created problem anyway, y'ask me - use a normal fucking table, like normal fucking people do, FFS.
>People rent it out for $300
Altho, the ever-increasing ingenuity with which, peeps figure out yet more ways of scamming yet another few hundred out of whatever poor unfortunate uses the magic cash-till-ring word 'wedding', it never ceases to amaze.
>>
just how much do you think a sheet of glass that thick costs?
>>
>>1134290
>I was able to find a 8x4x3' Styrofoam block
Out of curiosity, how much do those blocks cost?
>>
I would recommend plywood and reclaimed wood like op pic. Maybe do the whole alphabet and rent it out to people so they can spell their names etc.
>>
OP, just use a normal glass topped table and put the letters underneath it. You won't have to worry about them bearing any load and you can just make them out of Styrofoam.
>>
File: 1483467903633.jpg (197KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1483467903633.jpg
197KB, 1280x1280px
>>1134985

>make alphabet
>couple named Aaron and Amanda come to hire them
>YFW
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.