[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repair inner padding of shoes. My hiking shoes(Salomon GTX)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170219_205039_693.jpg (239KB, 1000x1561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170219_205039_693.jpg
239KB, 1000x1561px
Repair inner padding of shoes.

My hiking shoes(Salomon GTX) have this odd worn out spot on the inside of the right shoe(on the inner-side, just above the heal)
Any one have an idea on how to patch this, and what the best materials to use? I was thinking just strips of cotton(old tshirt) folded to fill the cavity, then pressing an iron on patch over it. The shoes are nearly new, and perfect other than this hole, so I don't want to throw them out.
>>
Needle and /thread
>>
I've had the same problem with my everyday boots. Took really thin leather, cut it in shape and glued it in. Works good for almost two years now.
Also the heal is now less slippery.
>>
Durable piece of cloth
Hot glue

It's essentially DIY iron-on.
>>
File: IMG_20170220_201131.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170220_201131.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
Here is a pic of my heel area.
0.2mm wild leather glued with textile glue. Sounds weak but is super durable.
What ever you do, if you glue use some specialized glue.
>>
>>1133698
>I was thinking just strips of cotton(old tshirt) folded to fill the cavity, then pressing an iron on patch over it.
don't know if you could fit an iron in there, or if the materials could handle the heat

maybe just use fabric glue to stabilize it and attach a piece to cover the hole
>>
stuff with cotton/foam add leather patch with needle/glue whatever
some time ago i fixed it with a few strips of duct tape Held like a week
>>
File: steamer.jpg (22KB, 407x480px) Image search: [Google]
steamer.jpg
22KB, 407x480px
>>1134010
I was going to use a clothes steamer, and just put it inside the shoe and press down, hoping the steam + weight would be enough... but yeah, >>1133998 sounds like a smarter idea. Leather(with some gorilla glue) pressed into the cavity, and covered with some fabric + fabric glue. The hole is on the inside(not back) of the heel, so its not going to see too much stress.
>>
>>1133794
>>1133998

Shoe repair fag here. This is fundamentally how we fix this problem, although a tad less elegant (but it works, I'm not knocking it or anything). We tend to use a wider piece that covers the whole back arc of the heel, and have it long so that it tucks under your insole slightly. Glue it in place, we also use a few rows of stitching through existing stitches on the shoe (so you can hide them if you use the same colour thread).

Also, if you have a belt sander, you can very carefully thin the edges of your leather to get rid of any uncomfortable lip at the edge, but if you're using thin stuff it won't matter.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.