[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it easier to find a job as a Plumbing apprentice as opposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: elecplumb.png (54KB, 730x438px) Image search: [Google]
elecplumb.png
54KB, 730x438px
IIRC there are less restrictions on the kinds of work that apprentice plumbers can do on their own, they can be sent out to do jobs by themselves, and I guess are less of a liability due to the nature of the work. Not to mention that there are more people who want to be electricians rather than plumbers. I'm equally interested in both trades and am trying to weigh the pros and cons of one over the other, so if I will have an easier time finding work as an apprentice plumber that may be a deciding factor.
>>
>>1133474
The ibew is the biggest union in the us because there is a huge demand for electricians. Any trade is going to have a supply and demand problem as the boomers die off or retire and the fact that millenials don't want to get dirty to earn their money. Any trade will do but as a general rule Electrician>Plumber on the totem pole.
>>
>>1133475
>Any trade is going to have a supply and demand problem as the boomers die off or retire and the fact that millenials don't want to get dirty to earn their money

I'm in my mid 20's and I've been hearing this for 10 years, but I have yet to see any truth to it. You can be waitlisted for 2 years trying to get into a trade school pre-apprenticeship program, and there are far more graduates being churned out than there are apprentice positions, the majority of them end up working at hardware stores for minimum wage.
>>
>>1133475
More like there's demand problems *until* boomers start dropping.
when I got into IBEW I was one of 75 applicants. Only 3 of us actually landed the apprenticeship. I got in thru nepotism but the others had re-applied for several years before finally getting in.

Everyone is screaming that the sky is falling but they are not in a hurry to get people in the trade while simultaneously not realizing that millenials want to get their career off the ground !today! and not when the JATC gives the go-ahead.
>>
Here in the KC/Overland Park/Leawood/Lenxa area, most people are too fuckin lazy for anything besides for the simple work. Fuck these people shop at walmart and brag about how much they make or what they do but cant read a fuckin label or take something off the shelf.

So there is going to be a demand for plumbers and electricians because these people are too stupid or lazy to do anything simple.

But I also see a lot of these franchise type of businesses but they dont want to hire people with background in plumbing or electrical but have some type of training or school that they work with to train you.
>>
>>1133595
I'm a first year IBEW apprentice and I got in on my first try. Around 40 were accepted as part of my class. That might be because I'm in a relatively large local (481, Indianapolis).
It seems to me that if you are serious about having a career and you are not a complete retard, there is a place for you in the building trades making decent wage.
>>
>>1133476

Two years is nothing bruh.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.