[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgive my ignorance. These are mouse guts. I only want the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: mouse guts.jpg (311KB, 1569x836px) Image search: [Google]
mouse guts.jpg
311KB, 1569x836px
Forgive my ignorance.

These are mouse guts. I only want the scroll wheel and maybe the left and right buttons. The optics are unneeded. Is it possible I could rip any of these doodads off the surface of the PCB and have those parts still function? If I could chop off any of this extra PCB that would be nice too but it's not important.
>>
>>1133287
no bcos the optics is also the chip u cant remove it
>>
>>1133290
Alright well I definitely don't need the LED. And what about the transistor things sticking up? Can I possibly remove any of those?
>>
>>1133296
the two black capacitors cannot

the led and the little resistor can
>>
>>1133287

What the fuck are these answers...

ACTUAL electronics engineer here. You can de-solder any of those and they would still work. That being said, they're essentially worthless. That's MAYBE $0.10 worth of components if the capacitors are quality (they aren't), and the super-short bit of lead left on each one would be very inconvenient to work with.

In other words, you can, but they're not worth the hassle even for someone who knew how to use them.

As an aside, I'm slightly impressed by the level of integration they've managed with that chip. Four external components for something as complex as a mouse is ridiculous.
>>
>>1133305
>Four external components

*barring the switches and scroll wheel encoder
>>
>>1133299
Dicks. Those are the worst parts. Thank you though.

>>1133305
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant to be able to still use these functions via the USB cable, not to salvage the parts. I'm attempting to cut the physical size down. But thank you.
>>
>>1133307
You can move the caps to the other side if that helps. And it might work well enough without them, actually.
>>
>>1133307
>I meant to be able to still use these functions via the USB cable, not to salvage the parts.

Oh. Yeah, no. As I mentioned, that single chip in the middle is the entire mouse. It handles everything; image processing, button inputs, the scroll encoder, and the intricacies of the USB protocol.

If you take off the capacitors, it might work if you're really lucky. They're to filter noise out of the power supply. Odds are very high it won't work without them, though. LED is needed to provide light to the sensor. That one resistor, I assume, limits current to the LED so it doesn't fry itself.

If you don't need the actual "mouse" functionality (you just want the buttons/scroll wheel to work" you'd be able to remove the LED and resistor. You MIGHT be able to get away with removing the lower right capacitor, I'm not sure.
>>
Thanks for the answers.

FYI this mouse cost me $1.63 shipped. I'm not about to wait another 3 weeks for another one after destroying this one if I can help it though.
>>
>>1133287
I suppose you could just tape over the sensor and then ignore the xy data coming from the mouse. What the hell are you doing with it though?
>>
guessing same anon from a few weeks back, wanting a few wheels as encoders for custom use (PS) etc.? Anyway, point being, seperate the wheel / switches (if needed), mount the rest hardware out of the way, mount wheels in w/e custom controller, rest hardware in box, and link with cable? Prob only worthwhile if you were using a few wheels, I guess.
>>
>>1133287
What are you trying to achieve?
>>
>>1133287
looks to be a very simple circuit. if you want to physically reduce the size, you could just follow the traces and draw the circuit on paper. then you could remove everything from the board, and make the whole mouse the size of the scroll wheel. You could even add a micro usb port and have a tiny cube mouse which connects via a standard micro usb cable (phone charger for example)

>>1133477
as this anon said - what are you trying to achieve?
>>
>>1133477
>>1133627
Just looking for a simple way to reduce the size/form factor. I don't even own a soldering iron so I'm not going to go balls out on this. I'll just work with it as-is.

As far as disabling the sensor that's no problem as simply removing the lenses was enough.

>>1133450
If I had an iron and some cable I might have tried that though.
>>
*Kebab detector pings*
>>
>>1133738
>no soldering iron
Give up now.
>>
>>1133287
I've desoldered mouse components before to Frankenstein two partially working mice into one good one. Just be careful not to heat the shit too long when desoldering, you can melt and ruen the plastic bits.
>>
>>1135293
OP doesnt have a soldering iron, apparently. Challenge yourself anew, every day, thats always been his motto.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.