[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSG Z-8c0FxE what do you thi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 3dpen.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3dpen.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGZ-8c0FxE
what do you think about 3d pens?
>>
absolute shite
>>
>>1133164
Aren't they basically handheld injection molders?

I mean could you combine them with paperfraft and make figurines of Video Game stuff easily?

they are shit as "3d printers" otherwise.
>>
>>1133166
They're nothing like injection molders.

It just a poorly made, hard to use, hot glue gun shaped like a pen.
>>
>>1133169
>heat plastic to melt it
>push it out
yeah nothing like injection molders
>>
>>1133172
>not fully liquid
>not high pressure
>not injecting into a mold
You missed the entire point of INJECTION MOLDING.

The industrial analogue to a 3D printing pen would be die extrusion but with only one choice of die.
>>
>>1133180
so you missed the point of my post entirely
see >>1133166
and calm your autism
>>
>>1133182
>so you missed the point of my post entirely

I think _you_ missed the point of your post.

You asked if it was like a "handheld injection mold".

It cannot inject plastic into a mold, at least, not to any useful capacity. Therefore, no, it is nothing like a "handheld injection mold". And, by the logic you're trying to use in >>1133172, a fucking hot glue gun qualifies as being like an injection molding device. Or literally ANYTHING involving squirting any liquid out at any sort of pressure. My dick is a "handheld injection mold" at that point.
>>
>>1133193
well if your dick shoots molten ABS, I have some pepakura models you can jack off into.
>>
>>1133172
You need a mold in order to do injection molding
>>
>>1133220
yeah, pepakura. go look at
>>>/po/
I think it could be used in combo with these pens to make them useful
>>
>>1133164
Cross it with AR so you can fill in a 3d sketch and then we got a product.
>>
>>1133164
Shit gimmicky toys with no practical use other than MAYBE filling in tiny holes in 3d-printed items.
>>
>>1133331
I beg to differ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFC2zvBf9TY
>>
>>1133342
That's an awful amount of work for something that looks so shitty and would look even worse in person.
>>
>>1133224
dude just stop

it's painfully obvious that you know fuck all about manufacturing techniques
>>
>>1133342

There are people who make elaborate structures out of popsicle sticks but that doesn't mean you should rush out and buy a bag of them...
>>
>>1133342
That's no more practical than constructing a t rex skeleton out of boogers and semen.
>>
>>1133166
If you can clamp a mould to it, and it provides enough pressure to fill the mould, then yeah.

Otherwise I'd say it's a handheld Extruder.
>>
>>1133354
holy shit you are autistic
>>
File: 5WFD8rM[1].jpg (137KB, 800x1039px) Image search: [Google]
5WFD8rM[1].jpg
137KB, 800x1039px
>>1133164
if you were a creative genius ? may become a useful tool in your arsenal for demonstration of self-expression, yes.
If you a typical fagget? it would sit forever more gathereing dust on the meme shelf, inbetween Dremel and the RasPi's, unused, useless, unloved.
Theres doubtless more of the latter than the former, here as elsewhere.
>>
>>1133342
I don't think I've ever spent so much time in a single project in my entire life and I don't think it paid off.
>>
Good for joining 3d prints.
>>
>>1133510

You are calling other people autistic for telling you a 3D Pen can't be used for injection molding using molds made from paper? You should go buy one and try to make a sonichu medallion using your groundbreaking manufacturing technique.
>>
>>1133850
Im calling you autistic for ranting about industrial processes when i said it could be used for making paper models stronger.
Sorry if I used a word you didnt like, but it really wasnt the point. now calm your autism
>>
art fag, here. Yeah I can see some uses for this to do some stuff that is time consuming/tricky to do with more conventional sculpture material. Making your whole sculpture with it looks crazy tedious but using it as a secondary detail device would actually speed some things up.

One obvious improvement I can see right away would be variable extrusion size and shape. A thin and broad extrusion tip to fill large areas would help a lot. And precision temperature adjustment on the pen itself if it doesn't already have that.
>>
>>1133166
its additive manufacturing
nigger you retarded
>>
>>1134285
no you're autistic and didn't get my point
>>
>>1134606
fight fight fight
kiss kiss kiss
>>
>>1133193
>>1133197

I chuckled.
>>
>>1133172
Hot Glue Guns are basically injection molders!
>>
>>1134767
If you have a mold, then yeah. You can inject.
>>
File: 1476741392294.jpg (77KB, 776x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476741392294.jpg
77KB, 776x600px
>>1133164
Nice on concept, terrible on practical use

You literally could use any other basic material, wasting less time, cheaper, and with better ending results

Paper, wood, silicone, plastic molders...

You choose it
>>
File: 1467108064658.png (156KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
1467108064658.png
156KB, 362x259px
>>1133342
>waste ludicrous amount of money in order to achieve something you could make with way better results with cheaper prices

You know the real gimmick of this pen? It's not the fact it advertises itself as REVOLUTIONARY when there's nothing really new on it. No, the real gimmick is how it advertises itself as a "anyone can do it" tool.
It puts other molding tools as "pro stuff", while showing on speed videos how it is supposedly easy.
Anyone who ever tried to mold something knows how a pain in the ass it can be, getting really frustrated when some materials got wasted and you had to star all over again from scratches.
Then there's this expensive pen, where you literally have to use it's own body as base for all the work, hoping to not to fuck up on weight, or else you have to put it on the trash.
How many times do you think this guy had to make a T-Rex skeleton in order to master it?
How much do you think it costed?
People never ask those question when enchanted with those "magical" tools videos
>>
>>1133842

Is it though? AFAIK the plastic cools way too fast after it's extruded for it to be useful as an adhesive.
>>
>>1134900
It's garbage as an adhesive. It's not hot enough and doesn't adhere to the substrates well enough. Plus there's way too much bulk material added to work well.

Acetone for ABS and CA for PLA is way better.
>>
>>1133164
Total bullshit.
>>
>>1133164
It's a toy for kids and a tool for hipster artists.
Tried one once, absolutely useless.
I can only see a limited usefulness in fixing 3d prints (filling cracks, smoothing surfaces) and nothing more.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.