[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey I need to know if its legal or no to make a homemade propane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: propane.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
propane.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
Hey I need to know if its legal or no to make a homemade propane torch in Ontario Canada or not. Do any of you guys know? I can't seem to find any info online. I know in any sort of business you need to have certification to handle or work with propane. But for personal use I'm not sure what you are and aren't allowed to do.
>>
>>1133144

You need a CSA or whatever certified regulator to hook up to your tank or propane source. The burner can be fuck all as long as your regulator is working properly.

But then again this is /diy/, laws aren't going to mean shit if you burn your house down and insurance doesn't cover you.
>>
>>1133144
>>1133152
What the fuck is this? Where is your freedom?
>>
>>1133152
So with a CSA regulator you are perfectly fine? You can't get charged or in shit or anything?

I mentioned the idea to my shop teacher and he juts about jumped down my throat talking about certifications and gas fitting requirements and that it was illegal.

But I mean my one friend is an engineer and he got a regulator from work, the rest is just BBQ hose, fittings, a pressure gauge and some pipe. Oh and tapping a hole and putting a welding nozzle in.
>>
>>1133144
illegal unless you only use parts tested and certified for the task. either way you can buy a kit at princess auto for $80 which is cheap enough so there's really no point making your own
>>
>>1133159
What if you build it and then get a licensed gas fitter to sign off on it?

I mean sure you can just buy one, but where is the fun in that?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.