[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about wirelessly communicating with the USB port

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 61RwNwc8P9L._SY355_.jpg (26KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61RwNwc8P9L._SY355_.jpg
26KB, 355x355px
How would I go about wirelessly communicating with the USB port of an Arduino from a PC? I am currently working on a robot that has a deadline in about a week, and I need to be able to send information to the Arduino via the USB port from a desktop, without the use of a USB cable. I would preferably like to do this via Bluetooth.
>>
>>1133034
usb bluetooth x2, one into pi, one into pc, done
>>
I've heard good things about the ESP32 and it even seems to support bluetooth. You can use SPI to communicate with it with the Arduino.
>>
Get onion2 with arduino board. Youll be able to program it via wifi
>>
>>1133034
Tell us why you intend to use arduino-usb-wireless-pc instead of arduino-.*-wireless-pc?
If you want bluetooth, then uart bluetooth module is way easier to use than any usb related stuff.
Ancient toddler-friendly uart bluetooth was btm-112: send two commands and you are connected via bluetooth.
>>
>>1133108
HC-05 works great as a bluetooth to serial.
>>
esp8266, depending on the IO requirements may even serve as an arduino replacement.

I have alot of IO needs so I use it with a rPI zero over i2c, and the rpi zero controls an arduino due over usb.
>>
Can you use a phone? If so, the HC-06 in your picture works flawlessly
>>
>>1133089
That's pretty interesting, I'll look into it.
>>1133108
We are working on putting together our own mdrawbot robot by makeblock, except, instead of buying their expensive and no longer produced kit, we are assembling it from an arduino, a4988 drivers, some steppers, etc. We purchased a hc06 for the Bluetooth capability, but we cannot get it to work, no matter what we've tried. We have purchased another module, which should be identical to makeblock's, but we aren't sure that will fix the problem. The real problem is the lack of documentation on this program. Anyway, if we can't get the onboard module to function correctly, our only immediate option is through the USB port.
>Inb4 write your own program
We simply don't have to time to do that at this point.
>>
Regardless of the rf component, pick a module with serial interface. This way, you can connect it directly to your mcu. For the pc, you will need an usb to serial adapter (ftdi, prolific, ch340 or wathever).
If you can get a xbee for cheap, go for it. It can be configured in "transparent mode'' so neither the arduino nor the pc is aware there is a wireless bridge.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.