[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ A couple months ago, after a long research (and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Epson-Home-Cinema-2045.jpg (68KB, 1000x718px) Image search: [Google]
Epson-Home-Cinema-2045.jpg
68KB, 1000x718px
Hello /diy/

A couple months ago, after a long research (and a lucky discount on amazon) I finally bought a pretty good projector (pic related).

The projector is nothing but excellent in every aspect(except the oudio output) but in image quality and processing it's amazing.

Before making the purchase I was also looking for a good screen material/paint etc etc.
And I came across some forums which claimed to have found paint formulas and such so that you can make a grey or dark screen which works to improve de black leves even with lit rooms, but still mantaining the white visual clarity.

A few days before I bought the projector I looked for a screen. I got myself a 1.9m by 1m Melamine White Panel 1/4" thick from Home Depot.
I have used this panel as a screen and works perfectly as a white screen, actually works better than expected.

Now I am planning to use the technique from this forum to make a paint mix and paint one of the sides of the white panel, and test it out.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-diy-screen-section/1677826-easy-ambient-light-rejecting-screen-paint.html

I already found an acrylic metallic "neutral gray" paint which I plan to use.

So basically I'm going to put this technique to the test and if you could could give me some recommendations on the painting technique and such that would be great.

I am still at college so I don't have acess to a lot of tools or a high budget(for a professional dark screen), so we'll see how this works out
>>
>Pic related
Is the material I'm currently using as a screen.
The reason why I want to paint it is because it's not easy to keep the room under specific light conditions.

Which kind of roller would you guys use? I need a finish that is as smooth as possible and I don't have a lot of experience regarding painting things with dedication with a paint roller.
Which techniques do you guys know of or would use?
I will try to get the things by this upcoming week and post the results of my paint mix and the performance of the screen.
>>
File: 415KdEnqE9L._SY300_.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
415KdEnqE9L._SY300_.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Now, regarding the only flaw of my projector...

I bought a second hand Samsung 5.1 Home Theater for dirt cheap from a friend, which has worker pretty good.

Now, the projector has 2HDMI inputs but the ONLY output is a 3.5mm Aux Jack port.

So I can only have 2ch for my 5.1 HT which sucks.

So after a quick seaech I found things like
>pic related
An HDMI audio extractor which separates the audio in SPDIF which my HT has.
My HT has NO HDMI input, only SPDIF,USB and AUX(which is what I'm cureently using)
Now, is this the correct way to go on about this? I want to watch movies and play games at 1080p 60fps with low input lag (which my projector has,1080p 60Hz >25ms)

Any recommendation /experiences regarding this devices? Any trusty brands or are chinkextractors good enough?
>>
>>1132996
why are you taking the audio signal from the projector, and not from your source (PC/dvd/w/e)? You dont (shouldnt..) need to split the audio from HDMI, w/e you are using as source player will generally have an audio output, this usually with corrosponding 5.1 signal where available. You have no reason whatsoever be connecting audio cables to or from the projector, its unnecessary
>>
>>1133032
All my sources only use HDMI as A/V output, no SPDIF and as I said before, my HT does not allow HDMI input
>>
>>1133037
>All my sources only use HDMI as A/V output
k - in which case (more sources) be as well getting a combi 4-way HDMI switch with audio out, maybe cost you $25 instead of $15, save you fucking around with cables.

Possibly aint gonna be the Worlds Greatest Quality product either, but, should still be better than coming back off your projector with an analog 3.5mm - and the cost difference between chinkshit and 'pro' (or even just non-Chink) gear will be multiples of horrendous.
>>
>>1132996
With most newer devices that have HDMI, there is usually an audio return channel. You should also be able to select the audio output on the theater using settings/remote.
>>
I painted my screen on a wall. Basically hours of painting to build it up, then sanding and painting until I had a level surface, I used a dulux ultra white paint that's been recommended (I'm in the UK) and used anti squeak felt tape for cars to create a black border.
Cost me about £60 all in including buying the tools I needed and the picture is fantastic. Watchable in daylight.
>>
>>1133056
>I used a dulux ultra white paint
I'm impressed, i mean my current acreen is just white and works flawlessly on low light conditions.

But does the color not wash out and the black levels get very poor under daylight?
>>
>>1132987
i painted my wall, which is my screen, silver color

figured they don't call it the silver screen for nothing
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.