[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I get free house plans online? I don't want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: small cottage.jpg (202KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
small cottage.jpg
202KB, 500x397px
Where do I get free house plans online? I don't want to get jewed by Internet architects.

My idea was to build a nice little cottage and use the rest of my land for farm animals and a greenhouse.

Going rate for an acre is 15k-20k here in Alaska and I'm budgeting for a total cost of 50k-75k.
>>
>>1132910
>how do i build a house for free

that is how you go full nigger, never go full nigger
>>
So you plan on having a 1 acre lot?
>>
>>1132910

>go to home depot or other hardware store
>buy book containing local building codes
>read
>design
>build
>>
>>1132916
>budget of 50k-75k
>twisting words this hard

You bought a house for 300k from the kikes, didn't you?
>>
>>1132923
>dont want to get jewed
>50k-75k

jokes on you, you are getting jewed and you don't even know it

(source: i am a jew)
>>
>>1132910
Land is like 1k an acre in Alaska, this is how I know you're 14.
>>
>>1132918
Yes.>>1132930
Wrong. Land is 15k-20k an acre in the valley around Wasilla. I'm not planning on living 200 miles away from Anchorage where there's no civilization.
>>
The government has plans for free to all their forest service cabins and lookouts. I built a scaled down lookout from one set. Of course the plans would still need to be reengineered to comply with local building codes and insurance requirements.
>>
>>1133577

would love to know where to find these plans if you still know where to find them.
>>
>>1132930
It probably depends whether you're talking about some perpetually frozen wasteland or somewhere the land is actually worth owning.
>>
>>1133753
>some perpetually frozen wasteland or somewhere
Dont think you get perp. frozen wastelands much outside of GRR Martin novels nowadays, the United States Secretary of State & Co.sorted them cold bits. More New Land for Oilcos & Everyone! (except polarbears, obv.)
>>
>>1132910
"A nice little cottage" spoken like a true urbanite
>>
>>1132910
You'd be better off asking /out/, these blue-pilled cucks like to circle-jerk about their suburban garage projects to fill the void of their kiked rat-race life.

Your budget is about right for a small home on modest land outside city limits where you do most of the hard labor and planning yourself and try to source as much free and cheap material as possible.

The budget compromise has to come with how little you can do without plumbing, electric and gas really ought to be done by a professional but you can save money by building an outhouse if you can stand it and getting your water from a springbox or an old central well pump.

To answer your question I would advise against using premade houseplans, there is no one-size fits all approach especially for what you are asking.
>>
You don't need plans for a small cottage.
>>
I'm looking for land, enough to not have neighbors, but I don't plan on farming. My questions are, what is a good amount of land for this and what is the least amount of land for this?
>>
>>1133786
It has less to do with acreage and more to do with location and environs.

A quarter acre in Montana or Alaska is likely to be neighborless for a good while outside the city limits. And a 5 acres in a densely populate state is likely to have neighbors right at the property line.

Its also an issue of the scenery. Forests, winding off-roads, and uneven surfaces and hills can make a neighbor no more than a 5 minute walk away feel very distant.

Also never underestimate your inclination to cultivate your land at some point. You may have no interest in growing anything now but down the line you might be kicking yourself that you have an otherwise perfect home but not enough land do anything with it. Get yourself at least an an acre or two if you are going to spend that kind of money anyway.
>>
File: Search for cottage 3D Warehouse.png (592KB, 1349x621px) Image search: [Google]
Search for cottage 3D Warehouse.png
592KB, 1349x621px
>>1132910
what about som simple sketchup for inspiration?
>>
15-20k an acre you are getting jewed. I just picked up 15 out in west wasilla for 5/acre. Decent land too.
>>
my good friend is a civil engineer

he did exactly what you are trying to do but ultimately for loan or home owners insurance you will probably want to use plans that have actually been used in a similar climate and have a civil engineer approve them. if you are planning on more than a shed
>>
>>1132936
You're in Alaska. There is no civilization. Just embrace it and buy cheap land further out.
>>
>>1133786
It's all about location. Find a place with a long driveway and lots of trees and live there
>>
>>1132910
how would you plan on building a house like pic related, same style etc but about double the size, I've always wanted a house with a stone-look? Idk what to call it. What price range could I expect if I live on flat ground in Northern Kentucky?
>>
>>1134995
Not much

We do have many stone masons here for some reason. But they cost alot.
>>
>>1134995
Pick up "The Stonebuilder's Primer" by Charles Long. He was an amateur who built his own stone home with his wife using a mixed method that was somewhere between slipform and traditional methods. Its a really practical and unique book that lays it out from A-Z.

Most of the cost of stone masonry is the labor and time expense, if you do your own gruntwork slow and steady you can make a house with an exterior that will survive hundreds of years, and the interior and roof can be contracted out to modern construction.
>>
Wouldn't it be more useful to build a regular wood frame house and put decorative bricks on it?
>>
File: you.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>1132916
OP didn't say, "build a house for free" he asked for free plans you retarded kike.
>>
File: jewoven.jpg (95KB, 421x745px) Image search: [Google]
jewoven.jpg
95KB, 421x745px
>>1132927
Get back in the oven!
>>
>>1133786
My family had five acres when I was a kid, our neighbors weren't exactly in our laps. Had enough room for almost anything. One acre isn't much if you plan in being "out."
>>
>>1133785
You do if you don't want the building department to force you to tear it down... some locales require a raised seal on the plans from the architect which is Jew worthy...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.