[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was on the shooting range and right next to those real weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1360670366542.jpg (116KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1360670366542.jpg
116KB, 1024x685px
So I was on the shooting range and right next to those real weapons there were guys playing with those laser toys. They were in shape of real pistol, inside there was a laser and when they pulled the trigger, the laser was getting activated.

So I've been thinking, that maybe I could build such a mechanism myself. Benefits:

>I could practice shooting at any time.
>And I would pay no money for it, once the system gets implemented.
>And while it would certainly not replace standard range practices, it might certainly limit them.

What I want to have:

>Fake weapon with guts removed from it.
>With laser inside
>With something to generate fake knock back inside the weapon
>Make it emit sound through headphones, preferably those would be connected to some other device, not directly to the pistol.
>Make the target reacting to laser

How I plan to do it:

>Buy fake weapon, since they are legal around here.
>Buy laser pointer toy
>Dismantle both, attach one to another by whatever means - I don't think its going to be any troublesome.
>Sound issue: put raspberry Pi zero inside, attach wifi module to USB. Module sends signal to cellphone through WiFi, cellphone through specially written app sends signal to headphones to emit "bang" sound.
>Raspberry Pi zero is powered by the battery.
>Target reacts to laser pointer and sends signal to ATMEGA8, that will collect points and pottentially measure distance from previous shots in some similar to clustering fashion.
>Atmega sends data to digital point counter.

The questions, that are worrying me, though are:

>How do I simulate the knockback? I plan to use it in my flat, surrounded by neighbours. So it must be something silent. But I have no idea how to generate such a force, even with making the noise. Without making noise, it seems very hard.
>How do I make the target? What material generates or loses power, once laser beam hits it's surface? Since I'm a programmer, I have no idea.
>>
>>1132631
>>How do I simulate the knockback? I plan to use it in my flat, surrounded by neighbours. So it must be something silent. But I have no idea how to generate such a force, even with making the noise

solenoid with movable mass in a tube& a return spring
rumble motor from a controller
>>
Get a gas blowback airsoft pistol, and fit it with a laser in the barrel. It will be a fraction of knockback, but it should get the point accross
>>
File: temp2.0x0.jpg (45KB, 720x293px) Image search: [Google]
temp2.0x0.jpg
45KB, 720x293px
>>1132631
They make laser bore sights that chamber into a Real gun..
>>
>>1132631
A RPI is way overkill for that project. Look into the esp8266 or something like it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.