[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to boost pump pressure by connecting an compressor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Kompressor druck.png (11KB, 834x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kompressor druck.png
11KB, 834x500px
Is it possible to boost pump pressure by connecting an compressor to the outlet tube.

What would happen if i'd connect the airpressure line in a slight angle to the tube carrying the water like in pic related.
>>
No, if anything, you would lose water pressure
>>
>>1132604
But the pressure exits through the nearest and easiest opening, why would it act against the pump?

If i attach a tube in a 45 degree angle near the opening of the main line the water current sucks air through the tube. Its called Venturi effect if i recall that right.
>>
>>1132600
The soloution is surely a more powerful water pump, adding air to the water line would just result in a "splattering" at the outlet
>>
>>1132600
simply connect the compressor to the tank.
or get a taller tank and keep it filled.
get a tank much taller than the height of the pipe and you don't even need a pump.
or just move the tank above the outlet, put it on a shelf or bench.

venturi effect is certainly a thing however if you do the maths you will see that the air has ~0 mass, by comparison the water has a huge mass. any force the air will be able to impart on the water will be negligible.
>>
File: products1_lead_image.jpg (25KB, 430x240px) Image search: [Google]
products1_lead_image.jpg
25KB, 430x240px
>>1132600
Yes, but you will need to use an ejector. The calculations can be tricky, but they are easy to make on a lathe. Just bear in mind that the "high pressure" motive fluid is air, and at typical compressor pressures you will need a convergent-divergent nozzle to fully utilize the air (making the airflow supersonic).
>>
>>1132600
That would only work if the pump was unable to move the water along the horizontal pipe as efficiently as it moves the water through the vertical pipe. This is rarely the case, yet the solution would be to tilt the horizontal pipe downward at an angle.

Shooting air down a river might make the water move faster, but it won't make the dam drain the lake faster.

Get a stronger pump, or a shorter up-pipe,
>>
>>1132600
It would need a check a valve
>>
>>1132600
No, dumbass. But pumping pressure into the tank would work.
>>
File: PicsArt_02-17-06.01.28.jpg (53KB, 720x1184px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_02-17-06.01.28.jpg
53KB, 720x1184px
>>1132600
Like this
>>
>>1132713
>the tank is air-tight
>>
>>1132600
kankermof
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.