[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dun goofed. I got a lovely stereo microscope for fairly cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I dun goofed.
I got a lovely stereo microscope for fairly cheap from the local college property sale. Unfortunately, it was seized pretty bad, and my ham-handed dumbass turned the focus knob until I stripped over half the teeth from the helical gear inside. Is there a crash course on measuring helical gears so I can get a new one? Alternatively, is there an easier way of solving this problem?
Pic relate, the part I wrecked in question, a Bausch and Lomb E-Arm focus rack.
>>
>>1130878
>fairly cheap from the local college property sale

heh shoulda bought two

maybe you can check sdi-si for something similar. could you use some gauge pins to find pitch/other parameters?
>>
>>1130882
Yeah, I might head back today and see what they have. They had a second one but no stand for it.
As for gauge pins, I have basically no machining tools save for a vaguely dodgy digital caliper.
>>
It's going to be a lot easier to find a replacement than to fix it. Look for a B&L mountable focus arm on ebay, http://www.spectraservices2.com/ (just email the guy), or get a new one from http://www.osi-incorp.com/microscope_stands
>>
Aw yes. A Lecia/bosch and lomb stereoscope. Those frames are fairly common at supply sites. Metrocad in the twin cities carries that kind of stuff
>>
>>1130911
>>1130900
Good to know my retardation can be fixed with money. Any recommended supply sites?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (99KB, 1178x650px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
99KB, 1178x650px
so the gear rack is fine but the gear is messed? are some teeth ok? chase those with a file and see what you can salvage
>>
>>1130929
It's part 26 in that list. They teeth are sheared right the hell off. I'l post pics once I have a chance, but it's pretty messed up.
>>
>>1130919
This is probably more than you paid for the thing to begin with.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bausch-Lomb-E-Arm-Stereo-Zoom-Microscope-Focus-Mount-SZ-2-3-4-5-7-/222400021884?hash=item33c813057c:g:H50AAOSwUKxYl0xb
>>
>>1130958
shit OP, offer $20, these things cant be big sellers
>>
>>1130929
>>1130934
OP where do you live? Call your local Leica sales guy and see if they can get you part number 11102212. It's the Leica equivalent of Pinion ; 13312690-132. Looks like the part is being phased out, so it might not exist anymore, but it's worth a shot.

PS I sell Leica scopes for a living, but likely can't sell where you live.
>>
>>1130878
Easiest way is email the company and ask for a new part, they might give you the spec too if you ask nicely.
Next best I would say is measure the other gear thread and guess the diameter
>>
>>1130964
I live in Mittenstate, and ended up getting that eBay listing. I would like to get that part to repair the one I have if possible though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.