[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /diy/ i need some suggestions for a hardhat compatible headlamp.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: basic shit.jpg (40KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
basic shit.jpg
40KB, 500x331px
hey /diy/

i need some suggestions for a hardhat compatible headlamp. One with decent runtime that will shine in my working area, not way out in front like a car headlight..

When i hired in a few weeks ago they gave me a setup similar to pic related. A basic lid and a cheap ass coast headlamp. The bill of the hardhat keeps the light from being useful to me. Also the light needs batteries about every three hours. After seeing a few guys onsite with their hard hats on backwards i tried it too. The headlight was instantly more useful, but when the sun is up i miss having the bill of the hat. I see other guys with full brim hardhats, but they don't have headlamps. I asked around at work and lots of guys have different setups, some just make do with the cheap stuff, some have flashlights on a rubber strap, some have mining lights. I've googled a bunch, and tried finding better headlamps but i'm reluctant to spend $75+ on a headlamp if its not going to work out. I guess the problem for me is that the headlamps are all intended for walking around, not for shining light down where my hands are when I'm working.

Can anybody with experience point me in the right direction here?
>>
>>1130506
I got this two pack thing from costco a while back when I needed something for work but the job wasn't on going. However they seemed find for the task considering the small cost but otherwise no.

Beyond spending on a petzl type thing or something like a miners set up which is big bucks you're stuck with the same shit if you're not willing to spend.

Is auxillary portable lighting not an option? I bought a LED work light that matches my preferred power tool brand batteries and I much prefer it to the old moron lamp. Infact if you look at Milfuckyee they have some pretty impressive work lighting.
>>
>>1130506
Try Nightstick by Bayco, they have assorted hard hat headlamps with beam and tilt adjust. I use mine both helmeted and bareheaded, and the tilt makes a shitton of difference. Prices are reasonable, too. Can't help you on battery life, though, at best 4 hours continuous.

Also, maybe some sort of chest lamp might help? A couple of flat lamps just under the collarbones might give you the light you need.
>>
>>1130539
>Is auxiliary portable lighting not an option?
im guessing not, i havent seen them on any of our jobsites so far.
>milwaukee work lighting
im going to look into this right now. thanks

>>1130541
>Nightstick by Bayco
ill be checking these out next
>chest lamp
i havent seen or heard of this before, but it sounds perfect. thanks
>>
>>1130506
i'd suggest any zebralight 'flood' model that uses a 18650 battery.

but the bill of your hard hat casting a shadow? all you can do is move the headlamp to the front or the underneath so it doesn't get blocked.
>>
>>1130572
Turn your liner around like some fags i have seen. Bill is shade for neck now if out sunlight.

Sounds like u a miner tho.

Good luck. Above ground we just hang lights and cuss.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.