[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> He buys from the supermarket Jew What are you planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: VETOM23465_3.jpg (193KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
VETOM23465_3.jpg
193KB, 720x720px
> He buys from the supermarket Jew

What are you planning to grow this year?
ill be growing tomatoes,potatoes,Swiss chard, lettuce, spring onions, radishes, salad leaves and a boat load of herbs.
>>
>>1130014
I buy organic so I will be fine.
>>
>>1130015
>buy organic

Hippy
>>
>>1130014
I'm growing chink shit this year, Pak choy, bekana, 'green wave' mustard greens, ho-mi-zee mild mustard greens, mibuna oriental greens, 'ogi' tatsoi, 'tai sai' white stem pak choice, komatsuna Japanese green, mispoona oriental greens, red mizuna.
Also growing a selection of potatoes, San Marzano Redora tomatoes, kobocha Japanese pumpkins, Achocha, along with lettuces, peas, cucumbers, bell peppers, chilies, shallots, onions, garlic, coriander, culinary and medicinal herbs, strawberries, raspberries and maybe some brassicas of some kind. Every year I always try something new to me.
>>
>>1130014
Potatoes, dry beans, tomatoes, corn, peppers, sunflowers, watermelons, onions, raspberries, cabbage, gourds.
>>
My yard has a little shallow 'valley that turns into a pond after a rain, I was thinking about experimenting with some rice there.

I'm not sure I would actually eat it because I don't have a thresher, but it would be a fun little experiment. Kind of like exotic flowers, I suppose.
>>
>>1130014
Reapers. Just a bunch of Carolina Reapers to burn my inner emptiness away
>>
>>1130014
Not shit. I set up a grow room for tomatoes in my house and they all fucking died. Menwhile i planted a couole outside and dont even water the mutherfuckers and have tomato. Probably try snd grow fucking tomatoes again.
>>
Cherry, apple, peaches, grapes, raspberries, 3 other kinds of berries and pears. That's what i've got right now, looking to add some more. I'm thinking kiwi's and strawberries.
>>
I got a tomato house thing, I will try to grow some weird tomatoes in there, mostly cherry tomatoes in weird shapes and sizes.

Otherwise there is a herb pyramid thing we built a couple of years ago. Lots of different mints will be in there. sages. maybe the rhubarb will sprout again as well.

I have no luck with berries in the garden. All the bushes die within a year or sometimes two, despite my best efforts.

In my raised vegetable bed, I usually put two kinds of salads and some radishes, depends on what looks interesting.
>>
Strawberry patch is looking good.
Cattle fence trellis for the beans is all set.
Lettuce, carrot, turnip, and radish boxes are good to go.
700 tomato plants incoming.
500 pumpkins waiting to be eaten by beetles and covered in downy mildew.
Sweet corn and soy plots are going to be rotated.
The new greenhouse is up and ready.
All that needs to be done is the irrigation switched on and checked for leaks and I'm all set.
Bring it on.
>>
File: 20170214_150937.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170214_150937.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1130014
>buying onions more then once

If you leave them in your fridge for 1 year they regenerate
>>
>>1130015
Enjoy the cancer
>>
>>1130014
How cost-effective is it?
>>
>>1130486
I had a bunch of onions I was growing go to shit. Harvested the good ones. One tasted funny, so I threw it in my back yard and now there's onions fucking everywhere.
>>
Any advice for blue berries and tomatoes?

Everything does alright, but these two are poor performers, I want big and juicy harvests

What fertilizer do I need to buy in bulk and throw at them?
>>
>>1131055
>>1131277
never tried with regular onions

I regrew several green onions already, and I think a pineapple, I thought that was gonna die but it's been growing
>>
>>1131603
Shiiiiet nigga, you need to buy some ericaceous soil for the blueberries to help them out a little bit, them like the slightly more acid shit. For your tomatoes buy some tomato grow bags and some liquid tomato feed for when they start producing fruit. Spend the summer reading and watching videos about how can grow this stuff without heavily relying on buying soil and feed, in time the secrets reveal themselves.
>>
>>1131733
The biggest 5 secrets to gardening are: mulch, mulch, mulch, mulch, and more mulch.

Call around to tree surgeons and ask them to drop off their wood chips on your driveway. Many of them need to pay to have their shit taken care of, so many will be happy to drop off what they have.

The problem is making sure not to put fresh chipped wood on your garden bed. Theyll suck nitrogen out of the soil pretty bad for the first year. To use them quickly, pile them up with grass clippings for a month or two, or throw coffee grounds on top. In all you want 3-4inches of mulch. Mulch helps prevent weeds, and itself retains moisture in the soil and insulates it from the sun and heat.

In addition to this, buy some of the myco kits from fungi.com for garden beds to jump start the beds' microbiome. Or throw some spent oyster mushroom mycelium in the bed too. Mycelium is fantastic at retaining water, freeing up nutrients for your plants and attracts worms and other detritovores. And the fruits of edibles are awesome boons from your garden.

I mentioned coffee, but get ALL of it you can. Try asking neighbors, go to coffee shops, whatever you can think off. You can't add too much. Its a slow cool nitrogen source with lots of nutrients that whatever mushrooms you add in will devour and free up.

The place I work at piles up a 3 gallon trash pail every day and they all come home with me. I broadcast them over my yard and beds and I've got the greenest grass in the neighborhood. Also grow oyster mushrooms on them too.
>>
>>1131863
Oh. Also. Once you set up a garden the key is to NEVER ever turn the soil. You can turn it the first year when you set it up, but once the mulch goes in, never touch it. By the third or forth year the soil will be so rich and loamy youll be able to plant your starts with your bare hands

Tomatos: take your starter plant and cut all the branches and leaves off except for the growth tip at the top. Dig a trech about four inches as long as the plant is tall. Lay it horizontally in the trech with the growth tip gently curved upwards and sticking out of the soil. The burried stalk will sprout roots all along its length giving a huge boon to growth once it starts growing.

In terms of effort and payoff, skip stuff like carrots and potatoes. They're literally dirt cheap to buy and a pain in the ass to grow. Instead grow lettuces and other expensive greens, herbs, and the like.

Grow pole beans and peas along the fences where you can easily hang 4"nylon netting for them to grow on. The dry beans keep great in winter, and the plants put off shitloads of nitrogen rich greens for the compost bin, make sure to innoculate the planting sites with the bacteria too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.