[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will a rear passenger door from an 02 or 04 ford explorer fit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: DiaElitFrdExplorer.jpg (94KB, 568x391px) Image search: [Google]
DiaElitFrdExplorer.jpg
94KB, 568x391px
Will a rear passenger door from an 02 or 04 ford explorer fit and function on an 03 explorer?

My L rear window was vandalized and there's slight body damage. I'm going to the junk yard where they quoted me at around $80 for a whole door. So instead of figuring out how to remove and replace the window I figure I might as well take the whole door, but if they don't have 03's in my car's color (they only have four 03's) they might have the right color 02's or 04's.
>>
>>1129797
Did you google it? Find the part numbers and see if they match up? Have a trawl of some forms dedicated to your car and see if someone else has done it. Call up the dealer and ask them, might tell you to fuck off but so what worth a shot.
It's pretty common I'd say, did it myself with a tailgate, glass shop wanted best part of a grand, new door cost about 40 from a you-pull-it. I just walked around eyeballing the different years to see what years the shape changes were. Good luck!
>>
>>1129797
Vehicles are produced in generation variants.

If your car is of same generation and model as the junk car, then it will fit.

For example, Gen 1 might be 1980-1989 Gen 2 might be 1989-1995 Gen 3 1995-2002

etc
>>
>>1129811
can't find rear door part# on ford's site, but the front door is the same for 02 and 03.

>>1129812
yep perfect third generation is 2002–2005 thanks

so i will definitely do this. You guys think I can also reuse weatherstrips from newer explorers (the ones on the body that seal when the door is closed)? I would take the ones from the older models but they're probably just as shitty as mine.
>>
>>1129820
I did shit like you are doing all the time at a used car lot. Salvage is love. If weatherstrip is good and pliable you can use it, but I've not done that particular swap. Also check Ebay for aftermarket replacement small parts etc.

I often get better Ebay prices than the best I can do in salvage because Ebayers often part out their own vehicles from home. It's sweet because I don't have to pull the salvage parts tho I'm fast at it.

Swapping matching doors and other parts is great because you get matching paint and little or no disassembly.
>>
>>1129820
BTW go to the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums for any Ford info you need. Awesome resource.
>>
>>1130104
>>1130101
thanks bro. the employees at my salvage yard have a shirt that says "it's an addiction"
>>
02 to 05 are the same
take the door, but dont be a dumbass once you get it home. use a 12v jump pack to actuate the window motor and a ratchet set to remove the window on the old door.

dont replace the whole door, just replace the glass. trust me it will be easier than getting the new door aligned properly. keep spare window motor, track, buttons, handles, trim, and seals. take door shell to metal scrapyard.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.