[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in the infancy stages of building/planning to build a house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: house.jpg (81KB, 680x459px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
81KB, 680x459px
I am in the infancy stages of building/planning to build a house (I already have the land) and I have a good base for that I think I would like, however I am not sure if the different design styles would mesh well. I am looking at a house like pic related often called "French Country style" homes, however for my interior I would like a cabinesque style interior, using no sheetrock or plaster and using only tongue and groove wood paneling. Would these two design styles mesh well? Or would they look retarded? Its a huge step in my life and perhaps I am over thinking it.

>house
>>
File: mh11.jpg (85KB, 570x455px) Image search: [Google]
mh11.jpg
85KB, 570x455px
>>1129679
>>1129679
>interior
>>
>>1129679
there is no incompatibility issue between the two style u mentioned
>>
>>1129681

I like it.

Good luck oP
>>
>>1129681
>>1129679
Looks comfy as hell.

where are you located?

A dream of mine is also to design and build my house, but in Germany you are heavily regulated.

Not to mention that almost half your taxes go to muhammad bin ali mahmoud
>>
>>1129681
Hope you have extremely mild weather year round. That much glass, increasing the volume of the room by forgoing a ceiling and all those cold bridges means you basically cannot heat or cool it. There's a reason those old timer designs worked and why they don't work now. They worked in cooler climates because they had unlimited free wood.
>>
>>1129857
I don't see why you couldn't keep that place warm with modern materials. Add some glass wool and use double/triple pane windows and you should be fine. I live in Norway and some of the modern wood+glass buildings like this actually have more of an issue with overheating during summer.
>>
>>1129855
central NC, I will post a picture of the spot I plan on building on later today.

>>1129857
>>1129857
I live (basically own as I am the only child of my parents) on a 300 acre farm, not only will there be no shortage of wood for me to burn but I plan on using wood as my main heat source. My father has always heated with wood and it feels so much better than any other type of heat.
>>
give me 5 grand or I'll tell the permit office, flatfoot!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.